Shoutbox

Bug- Messeneger Plus NOT loading after loging off and loging off... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Bug- Messeneger Plus NOT loading after loging off and loging off... (/showthread.php?tid=30789)

Bug- Messeneger Plus NOT loading after loging off and loging off... by RebelSean on 08-31-2004 at 09:35 PM

Well. Today I loged off my account and loged back on (Windows account that is). I have the thing marked to force plus to load at windows startup. Well when I loged back on it didn't load msgplus...I'm using Windows 98 SE...I guese it's a bug...:undecided:

RE: Bug- Messeneger Plus NOT loading after loging off and loging off... by CookieRevised on 08-31-2004 at 10:19 PM

If you used that feature then Plus! is in the registry in the run-section. IMO it is windows that doesn't perform the things in the run-section and thus not a bug of Plus!...

RE: Bug- Messeneger Plus NOT loading after loging off and loging off... by RebelSean on 09-01-2004 at 02:52 AM

Then why don't it run when loging off and loggin on :S :S ?

RE: Bug- Messeneger Plus NOT loading after loging off and loging off... by marissa on 09-01-2004 at 04:32 AM

Do you mean when you close msn messenger from the systray? because when you just log off nothing changes in msn messenger because its still open and it has no way to restart things:\ i dont know

RE: Bug- Messeneger Plus NOT loading after loging off and loging off... by RebelSean on 09-01-2004 at 12:24 PM

No, I mean. I logoff my windows user and log back on the SAME windows user and it don't load :).

RE: Bug- Messeneger Plus NOT loading after loging off and loging off... by jren207 on 09-01-2004 at 01:45 PM

The Msgplus process doesn't load. You have to start it by double clicking it in the program files folder and then restarting MSN to have it's effects in MSN. This is what I think is happening to sean.

RE: Bug- Messeneger Plus NOT loading after loging off and loging off... by Eljay on 09-01-2004 at 03:02 PM

right u probably have plus! loading in startup for all users
so if it starts up for the first person
when u log off it ends and then when u log back in it doesnt startup
i dont know if this helps but maybe putting plus! in startup for ur username might make it work
just a thought :P

RE: Bug- Messeneger Plus NOT loading after loging off and loging off... by Millenium_edition on 09-01-2004 at 03:29 PM

actually, my guess is that it's in the local machine loading section. and this section is ran BEFORE logging in. logging out closes every process so plus! is closed too :-/

RE: Bug- Messeneger Plus NOT loading after loging off and loging off... by Eljay on 09-01-2004 at 05:38 PM

i know
thats exactly what i meant
if its in local machine it loads for all users

RE: Bug- Messeneger Plus NOT loading after loging off and loging off... by RebelSean on 09-01-2004 at 08:25 PM

No :|. Listen, I have one user account on this thing, I loged off and loged on and it didn't load plus. Therefor most likely a bug. I have the option checked for force load when windows start thing checked in preferences. Therefor a possible bug :undecided:?

RE: Bug- Messeneger Plus NOT loading after loging off and loging off... by CookieRevised on 09-01-2004 at 08:33 PM

Everybody in this thread did understand you and everybody is saying the same thing: no, it isn't!... it's because Windows doesn't perform the commands in the run-section in the registry when you just log off/on......