Shoutbox

How to change nick when u register like @gmail @isp.net... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: How to change nick when u register like @gmail @isp.net... (/showthread.php?tid=30806)

How to change nick when u register like @gmail @isp.net... by Fredzz on 09-01-2004 at 12:40 AM

Hello people.llong time no see .. lol

my question is.. i just registered GMAIL in passport.. and confirmed it.. my nick was

Fredzz@gmail.com (E-mail address not confirmed)

now its only Fredzz@gmail.com cuz ive confirmed it.. but there must be a way to change the nick!! please?? tell me there is one... whats the point of having my email in the nick ?? :(

RE: How to change nick when u register like @gmail @isp.net... by marissa on 09-01-2004 at 12:41 AM

I changed mine some how...i think i just had to wait a while.

RE: How to change nick when u register like @gmail @isp.net... by banky on 09-01-2004 at 12:41 AM

hmm it should just be in the personal settings that how i did it

RE: How to change nick when u register like @gmail @isp.net... by Fredzz on 09-01-2004 at 12:52 AM

ok that was the dumbest thing i ever asked...

i couldnt changed it because it was grayed out..

i just needed to add someone..or it suddenly let me change with the /nick command..and now its not grayed out :lipsrsealed:

RE: How to change nick when u register like @gmail @isp.net... by ~INVASION~ on 09-01-2004 at 07:08 AM

it wont let u change ur nik from gmail because its gmail it will always be u @gmail.com well at least thats wat it is for me

RE: How to change nick when u register like @gmail @isp.net... by CookieRevised on 09-01-2004 at 01:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by buqingzi
You will receive a verification mail from the passport service, which will contain a link for activation of your account (which enables you to change the display name).
It works like this to deter someone from registering emails addresses that aren't theirs / don't exist.
correct..... and after that the only thing you have to do is going to the settings in MSN Messenger: Tools > Options > My Display Name and change your name.

Or use the Messenger Plus! command (if you have Messenger Plus!) /nick....