Shoutbox

plug id - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: plug id (/showthread.php?tid=30821)

plug id by Antiz on 09-01-2004 at 12:19 PM

Hi everyone - new here. This was my idea (I have searched the forum but couldn't find anything like this): after typing something like "/xother my message" your nickname changes temp. (like stuffplug's chat-only name) to the nickname of the other person and your font changes temp. to the font the other person used in his last message to you. This way it would look like he said it... Not hard to do I think and a fun plug-in. I had a look to the C example but there wasn't enough functions/variables available for me to make this. Anyway, anyone interested?

RE: plug id by Anubis on 09-01-2004 at 12:23 PM

This is a moderate n00bish prank...and if your in a 3 person + conversation how would that work, it'd have to  be /xother "address here" to distinguish...but I can't see anyone wanting to do this...

RE: plug id by Antiz on 09-01-2004 at 01:31 PM

Why was my last post deleted? I didn't write anything that's against the rules. Anyway, noobish request are like 'can someone make a plugin that allows me to input a longer nickname'. I think there will be some small interest for this. Not from Anubis tho.

RE: plug id by Millenium_edition on 09-01-2004 at 01:43 PM

gilly messenger can do this... it has

code:
/imitate <e-mail address>
to copy the font and set the fake nick to the user's nickname. very fun in multiple conversations.
RE: plug id by Antiz on 09-01-2004 at 01:49 PM

Would be cool to use this in the original Msn.

RE: plug id by Martijn. on 09-01-2004 at 02:00 PM

Does anyone ever think of QuickTexts here:dodgy:, the following method changes your name, though it doesn't change the font:P.

You'll need the ColorNick v2 plugin for the following, and in the QuickNick menu (/xquicknick), the box at the bottom must be ticked;).

Then enter this as a QuickText:).

code:
#/xquicknicksave temp
#/nick (!N)
#(!P)
#/xquicknick temp