Shoutbox

Full screen away message feature - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Full screen away message feature (/showthread.php?tid=30822)

Full screen away message feature by scottisafool on 09-01-2004 at 12:49 PM

This, I feel, would be a good feature for plus! In MSN, you have the setting option to be able to have your status changed to busy when you go full screen. Would it be possible for Msgplus to set an away message when this happens so that you give your contacts an idea of why you're busy. So if you're watching a video file, an away message could say that, and the same for if you're playing a game. I don't know if anyone has suggested it before, if they have, good call. If not, Patchou, think it can be done?!

Scøtt

RE: Full screen away message feature by Anubis on 09-01-2004 at 01:01 PM

Nice Idea, and since Plus! can hook into other applications with it's current GolbalHook method it may work...however I doubt it could tell the difference between a game and another full screen application, but it could say the title of the application\game playing...

RE: Full screen away message feature by CookieRevised on 09-01-2004 at 01:07 PM

The downside is that for an awaymessage to be shown to your contact, the convo window must have the focus. Thus, this means, when you're in full screen and someone contacts you, the convo window will be shown (!) so that the awaymessage can be send. After that the convo will (should) minimize again....

RE: Full screen away message feature by scottisafool on 09-01-2004 at 01:53 PM

But if memory serves (and I could be wrong) when you set a message to be sent to an offline contact, it opens a new window, but does not always bring it into focus, yet still the message is sent, could it not use the same principles?

RE: Full screen away message feature by Anubis on 09-01-2004 at 01:58 PM

If I'm correct the focus is extremely momentarily, you probably won't even see it...

RE: Full screen away message feature by scottisafool on 09-01-2004 at 02:02 PM

Well, I think it's over to Patchou now as to whether he thinks it can be done or not.

RE: Full screen away message feature by CookieRevised on 09-01-2004 at 06:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scottisafool
But if memory serves (and I could be wrong) when you set a message to be sent to an offline contact, it opens a new window, but does not always bring it into focus, yet still the message is sent, could it not use the same principles?
you cant send a message to someone who is offline... the awaymessage is send when someone contacts you; types something to you, hence he is online....
In other words, this principle you describe doesn't even exist...

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
If I'm correct the focus is extremely momentarily, you probably won't even see it...
Yes, you see it clearly....
RE: Full screen away message feature by scottisafool on 09-01-2004 at 06:57 PM

Sorry, perhaps it was my way of explaining it. I meant the feature where you can send a message to someone who is offline, but is only sent when they come online. You access it using the butterfly next to their name in the contact list. That is the principle of which I speak.

RE: Full screen away message feature by CookieRevised on 09-01-2004 at 07:23 PM

That works just the same.... a convo window is opened to that contact when he comes online....

Like I said previously, a convo window will always need to be openend/visible in order to send something (no matter if it is an away-message or a welcomeback-message).....

RE: Full screen away message feature by scottisafool on 09-01-2004 at 09:21 PM

Well, I shall leave it with Patchou and hopefully something can be done :)

RE: Full screen away message feature by John0877 on 09-04-2004 at 04:26 PM

why not just have it add something to your username?

<username> (current full screen activity) - video, game, whatever