Shoutbox

SUGGESTION - Nicknames change for different poeple - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: SUGGESTION - Nicknames change for different poeple (/showthread.php?tid=30838)

SUGGESTION - Nicknames change for different poeple by michael_m91 on 09-01-2004 at 04:21 PM

I think it would be cool if Messenger Plus, could change our nickname for different people.
Oh Yeah, and remember to vote - (Y)/(N)

RE: SUGGESTION - Nicknames change for different poeple by tony on 09-01-2004 at 05:01 PM

it would be great, for mi girl my nickname could be i love you sonia.. and for my friends can be only ..shrbr [Image: banana_freaky.gif]

RE: SUGGESTION - Nicknames change for different poeple by Millenium_edition on 09-01-2004 at 05:18 PM

I once made a plugin to do that. Now I can't do anything about it, I'm, sorry, it's just too buggy to be released again.

StuffPlug NG has a chat-only nickname, and gilly messenger has a fake nick. but that's as close as you can get i believe :-/

RE: SUGGESTION - Nicknames change for different poeple by crank on 09-01-2004 at 06:35 PM

It would be cool but there isn't any nice way to do this...

RE: SUGGESTION - Nicknames change for different poeple by M73A on 09-01-2004 at 09:49 PM

id love to see this feature....im sure tb wud b able to do it....even if he dont

RE: SUGGESTION - Nicknames change for different poeple by MC Inferno on 09-02-2004 at 02:48 AM

I'd slag off diffrent ppl (H) lol

RE: SUGGESTION - Nicknames change for different poeple by siebe on 09-03-2004 at 06:14 PM

quote:
It would be cool but there isn't any nice way to do this...
Simple, P4-Context header. But I suppose that breaks the "holy" rule not to interfere with the protocol. Which is IMHO rubbish cause MSN Messenger supports it, it's not like you are entering new header values.
RE: SUGGESTION - Nicknames change for different poeple by .Roy on 09-03-2004 at 07:57 PM

seems simple.. like right next to the contact list option.. u can choose Keep Nickname or Make  a different one :-P

It looks possible i dont know why TB would have a problem making this... he is able to make bigger emoticons and timestampls.. but not why something simple like changing nicknames for different people

:-P Got nothing else to say
Roy

RE: SUGGESTION - Nicknames change for different poeple by Plik on 09-03-2004 at 09:39 PM

It seams simple to look at, i mean its only a load of text, but in practise it would be very difficalt. Because you would have to alter what the person at the other end see's. And to my knowlage isnt the information sent from the server to the client. Therefore you would have to intercept this information and alter it, which would involve packet sniffing, which is illigal on networks you dont own i think.
So the only way to do it is if the contact had a plugin that requests the custom name from you. And that would mean that all you contacts would have to install this plugin. And you cant garatie on everyone haveing it, Like plus or Filetransfer plugin.

RE: SUGGESTION - Nicknames change for different poeple by michael_m91 on 09-04-2004 at 06:37 AM

See Also http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=30545

RE: SUGGESTION - Nicknames change for different poeple by Millenium_edition on 09-04-2004 at 08:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DangerXone
it is if the contact had a plugin that requests the custom name from you. And that would mean that all you contacts would have to install this plugin. And you cant garatie on everyone have
because he hasn't got the time to do that... And it's not easy at all, asm is the hardest language out there... I think. :p
RE: SUGGESTION - Nicknames change for different poeple by michael_m91 on 09-05-2004 at 04:48 AM

What's ASM?:S I'm totaly confused now

RE: SUGGESTION - Nicknames change for different poeple by Plik on 09-05-2004 at 11:23 AM

ASM, is assembly language, its the closest language to pure binery code, and therefore it has full control over everything the computer does. Its also so the most complex language to lern

Oh and M_E that was my post you quoted not DangerXone's :P

RE: SUGGESTION - Nicknames change for different poeple by BEWARE^^ on 09-05-2004 at 02:01 PM

well i agree with theblasphemer and it is working quite well if i may say so coz nobody ever knew i was it ;)

RE: SUGGESTION - Nicknames change for different poeple by Millenium_edition on 09-05-2004 at 04:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BEWARE^^
well i agree with theblasphemer and it is working quite well if i may say so coz nobody ever knew i was it
you don't even know what he was talking about :-/