Shoutbox

Good Virus-Scan - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Good Virus-Scan (/showthread.php?tid=30844)

Good Virus-Scan by Jimcando on 09-01-2004 at 04:56 PM

does anyone know of a good virus-scan or firewall out there for download?

p.s. i dont want one that costs or is a trial download like bulldog or bullguard...also, dont send me to google, i cant b ar*ed and i want to the link straight to it ;)

RE: Good Virus-Scan by M73A on 09-01-2004 at 05:00 PM

AVG 6.0 is free
www.grisoft.com
i have avg 7.0 which is MUCH better than 6.0

Firewall...www.sygate.com sygate personall firewall u can get a free edition but i have the full one and it is much betta than free......

Theese are both reli good, i trust avg more than norton because i used norton ...no viruses....then avg and had 8 viruses.....so u choose

RE: Good Virus-Scan by Jimcando on 09-01-2004 at 05:06 PM

"The full product download is available for AVG Anti-Virus version 6. You must have valid License Number for your desired product."

where do i get a license?

EDIT: nm, ive found it

thanks for ur help, im downloading them both now...sadly, im on a crappy connection so it will take an hour :D (lol)

RE: Good Virus-Scan by .Roy on 09-01-2004 at 08:04 PM

May72alliance its hard to believe u used both norton and  avg at the same time and one had 6 vireses... Norton is also more popular and is always awarded with best antivirus... so i dont understand how u got 0 in norton and 8 in avg...  maybe n avg also looks for spyware or adaware....?

RE: Good Virus-Scan by Jimcando on 09-02-2004 at 12:13 AM

aiiii, well ive got AVG and Sygate and they kool so im keepin them

anyways, u ave to pay for norton dont u? and i never actually buy software

RE: Good Virus-Scan by Dane on 09-02-2004 at 12:47 AM

Warez is illegal and prohibited from these forums.  However, Norton is well worth the money.  Tbh, by stealing software, you're just making others buy more and eventually going to make the software go extinct because not enough ppl will be paying for it.

RE: Good Virus-Scan by M73A on 09-02-2004 at 12:48 AM

*deleted because not allowed*

i fink avg looks for heuristics and trojans and loadsa stuff, not sure...i dont like norton since then...:|

RE: Good Virus-Scan by marissa on 09-02-2004 at 01:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DangerXone
ay72alliance its hard to believe u used both norton and  avg at the same time and one had 6 vireses...

I think its because you're not suppose to have two virus scanners (i read on a website about it) they interfere with each other, causing them to miss things i guess.
RE: Good Virus-Scan by cooldude_i06 on 09-02-2004 at 04:54 AM

PC-Cillin 11.2 -  THE best anti-virus ever. PERIOD.

RE: Good Virus-Scan by jmccarroll on 09-02-2004 at 05:02 AM

I'm using AVG here...The free version.  I haven't got any complaints about it, so until I have a problem you can't beat free.  Other than that, its the only anti virus program I've ever used so it's what I'm most comfortable with.

RE: Good Virus-Scan by .Roy on 09-02-2004 at 01:00 PM

u can download the  norton trial :-P :-D so its free but its limited so i suggest use it... It tells u when u get vireses and then it removes it :-P Sp 2 is also helpful it makes firewall and all that stuff easy to use