Shoutbox

RE: To Patchou!! (Important) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: RE: To Patchou!! (Important) (/showthread.php?tid=30850)

RE: To Patchou!! (Important) by cupcake on 09-01-2004 at 07:19 PM

Hey Patchou,

I was wondering if you could offer some more help.
I have recently installed messenger plus 3, and without looking to see what I was installing, ended up with that tool bar.
When I realised what I had done I went and removed plus from my add/remove section. Its gone completely (or so I think) but the tool bar still remains at the bottom of my screen.
Is there something you can suggest?

Thanks.:)

ps. Even when I try and close the tool bar, I can't.....

RE: RE: To Patchou!! (Important) by Patchou on 09-01-2004 at 08:11 PM

Hello cupcake,

the toolbar comes with my optional sponsor program. When you uninstall Plus!, you're supposed to get a special uninstallation window from my sponsor to get rid of it. If you didn't see it, just reinstall Plus! WITH the sponsor and uninstall it again, thistime, I'm sure you won't miss the confirmation window for the sponsor :). You can then reinstall Plus! without the sponsor if you wish.

Patch

RE: RE: To Patchou!! (Important) by cupcake on 09-01-2004 at 08:31 PM

Thanks for the advice.
Actually I did get that window that asks you to type in the number that it show.... thats why I couldn't figure out  how come the tool bar wasn't gone.
But I will try downloading it again with the sponsor, then removing it.

RE: RE: To Patchou!! (Important) by CookieRevised on 09-01-2004 at 08:35 PM

Make also sure that you've closed every browserwindow before you press "uninstall" (as the messagebox that popups up suggest) ;)

RE: RE: To Patchou!! (Important) by .Roy on 09-01-2004 at 08:40 PM

(he said he had the toolbar at the bottom of the screen) i dont think thats msg plus :-D...
i had that same problem.. i dont know where i got mine but i know its not msg plus :-D i didnt download the sponsor anyhows...
So maybe try running adaware/spybot.. after u uninstalled it and if the uninstallation doesnt work :-P then i dont think its Msg PLus..

It could also be the sponsor doing a trick or something lol planting a cookie that does something bad lol.. i dont know im just a stupid kid what do u want from me :-P

RE: RE: To Patchou!! (Important) by cupcake on 09-02-2004 at 02:57 AM

YAY! Its gone now.

Just wanted to let ya'll know that I got rid of it.

And it was in fact the tool bar that came with Plus for those who had their doubts.