Shoutbox

Download Status Bar On Side - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Download Status Bar On Side (/showthread.php?tid=30860)

Download Status Bar On Side by thesylph005 on 09-01-2004 at 10:24 PM

I was wondering if one existed or if it possible to create one.

something that would look like this

[Image: prototype.gif]

this would be amazingly useful, because at the moment downloads dissapear in a conversation and its annoying to find them.

Surely it cant be that hard!!!?

RE: Download Status Bar On Side by Orkblutt on 09-01-2004 at 10:50 PM

really good idea!!!!
don't know if it's hard to make that.. I'm just begining to learn the Windows Messenger API.
I think it's realy easy to do that if you send a file with the plugin... but I don't know how to catch the "OnSendFile" event to give new position of the progress bar(if you use drap&drop or send file menu) .

If you're using the IMessenger:: SendFile Method you can give any position to the porgress bar (I'm not sure...)
"The status of the file transfer can be read through system messages in the conversation window created by this method."... So it's not hard to make your own progress bar and to place it anywhere.
I'll take a look tomorrow on the documentation... it's really a great idea!

RE: Download Status Bar On Side by CookieRevised on 09-02-2004 at 01:30 AM

This has been suggested and discussed a lot previously, you might want to search the forums......

Nobody has created something yet that can do this...

RE: Download Status Bar On Side by Jolo on 09-02-2004 at 01:59 AM

File Transfer Plus 1.0 RELEASE is a Plugin that improves a lot the "Transfer files" function in MSN Messenger.

In their features, are that the "transfer window", is different that the conversation window. Even you can sign out MSN or close it, but the transfer is gonna be fine.

Try it. Is down here. :)

Greetings,

RE: Download Status Bar On Side by CookieRevised on 09-02-2004 at 02:14 AM

yeah, I forgot about it.... :$
it could be a solution for you, thesylph005...
It doesn't do exactly what you want, but it is the closest thing there is atm...
But, note that both sides must have the plugin installed...

File Transfer Plus 1.0 RELEASE

RE: Download Status Bar On Side by thesylph005 on 09-02-2004 at 12:07 PM

yeah, i did see that, but because both people need the plugin, its kinda inconvenient

RE: Download Status Bar On Side by Duane_Bale on 09-02-2004 at 03:36 PM

I downloaded it but I never used it because no one else ever had i and didn't want to get it. What the point for only a few files.

RE: Download Status Bar On Side by crank on 09-02-2004 at 06:02 PM

I don't think a plugin can do this...
offcourse i'm only working with the Plus! API so i don't know but a plugin changing stuff in a MSN Messenger window...

RE: Download Status Bar On Side by RaceProUK on 09-02-2004 at 10:28 PM

If you can hook Messenger correctly then you can do anything with it. Of course, that means finding out how to hook it properly so you *can* do that...