Shoutbox

Help on the "Contact Informations" Thing - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Help on the "Contact Informations" Thing (/showthread.php?tid=30884)

Help on the "Contact Informations" Thing by fnx on 09-02-2004 at 04:09 PM

Hi, I have Messenger Plus in french, so I'll try to do my best to translate things...

When I right click to a name, and I go at "Messenger Plus! Extra" and I click on "Contact Informations"... the windows called "Recent events" is a little too small.. when someone change his nick, I can see only the first words of the nickname and it ends with "..." I would like to know if we can make this dialog box larger..  to see all the sentence..

Can someone help me ? thanks a lot

RE: Help on the "Contact Informations" Thing by CookieRevised on 09-02-2004 at 04:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fnx
Can someone help me ? thanks a lot
No, because this has to be programmed/implemented by Patchou... this isn't something we can help with... (hence it is more of a suggestion and thus I've requested to move this thread ;))

Anyways, there was a very related suggestion done previously. The issue was that the column which shows the times is actualy too big for some people (it wastes some space) and too small for others (using the 12h-clock system)....
See http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=27351
So I hope Patchou doesn't forget about that also.

As for your suggestion, I like it too (y)
RE: Help on the "Contact Informations" Thing by Patchou on 09-02-2004 at 05:10 PM

I'll try to do somethign about it in version 3.10. Meanwhile, you can always double click on the events to see the full info :).

RE: Help on the "Contact Informations" Thing by michael_m91 on 09-04-2004 at 07:04 AM

Patchou Wouldn't you just need to add a Horizontal Bar To The Information Window?
Because The Information is still there isn't it? It's just being cut off.*-)

I know In VB Its An Option on the side but in C++ it 's completly different.

RE: Help on the "Contact Informations" Thing by marissa on 09-04-2004 at 08:08 AM

...but you can always double click the event and it'll show you the full name in a new window:p

RE: Help on the "Contact Informations" Thing by michael_m91 on 09-04-2004 at 08:09 AM

True. But I think fnx wants it so that you dont need to double click on it but thats what I do

RE: Help on the "Contact Informations" Thing by CookieRevised on 09-04-2004 at 02:04 PM

they area is too small, even for showing the statusses only, and if you're gonna add a scrollbar to it, then you make the area even smaller... I'm sure Patchou will come up with something...

RE: Help on the "Contact Informations" Thing by matty on 09-04-2004 at 02:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by michael_m91
Patchou Wouldn't you just need to add a Horizontal Bar To The Information Window?
Because The Information is still there isn't it? It's just being cut off.*-)

I know In VB Its An Option on the side but in C++ it 's completly different.
VB has the option for Vertical not horizontal. You need to use an API call to create one. But it is doable.