Shoutbox

HELP - MSN Tabs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: HELP - MSN Tabs (/showthread.php?tid=30896)

HELP - MSN Tabs by michael_m91 on 09-02-2004 at 09:20 PM

I want to start with letting all of you know that this question has probably already been anwsered.
But I searched the forum and couldnt find what I was looking for, so... I'm gonna ask it anyways.

What is the file that Messenger uses to store tab information.
Where is this file on XP.

RE: HELP - MSN Tabs by toddy on 09-02-2004 at 09:24 PM

u need to install tabserve to change your tabs (well i'm guessing u wanna do that)

http://www.msnfanatic.com/tabserv/

RE: HELP - MSN Tabs by Choli on 09-02-2004 at 09:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by michael_m91
What is the file that Messenger uses to store tab information.
Where is this file on XP
messenger 6.1 and 6.2 don't use any file. Instead of that, they connect to some url and download the information about tabs from there.
RE: RE: HELP - MSN Tabs by michael_m91 on 09-02-2004 at 09:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
messenger 6.1 and 6.2 don't use any file. Instead of that, they connect to some url and download the information about tabs from there.

If they do that, how is it possible for people to have tabs then?
RE: HELP - MSN Tabs by Choli on 09-02-2004 at 09:48 PM

quote:
messenger does no longer read a file in your computer but it connects to a web and reads the tab configuration from there. With that info, messenger display the tabs. The address of that web is "stored" inside messenger itself and you are supposed to not change it. However, as toddy said, you can install tabserve. That program will change the address that messenger will look at and instead of the original one, it'll look to another, where you can configure your own tabs (i don't know very well how it works because i've never used it, however the idea is that)
RE: RE: HELP - MSN Tabs by michael_m91 on 09-03-2004 at 04:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
messenger does no longer read a file in your computer but it connects to a web and reads the tab configuration from there. With that info, messenger display the tabs. The address of that web is "stored" inside messenger itself and you are supposed to not change it. However, as toddy said, you can install tabserve. That program will change the address that messenger will look at and instead of the original one, it'll look to another, where you can configure your own tabs (i don't know very well how it works because i've never used it, however the idea is that)

Alright Thanks Alot All of you, I got it to work now