Shoutbox

Sending messages while appearing offline - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Sending messages while appearing offline (/showthread.php?tid=30907)

Sending messages while appearing offline by dixon_2000ca on 09-03-2004 at 03:13 AM

Does anybody know of a plug-in to Plus! or any other program that would allow you to send messages to your contacts while your status is "appear offline". I'm not sure if it would even be possible but it would save me from blocking 45 of my contacts when I only want to talk to one.

[EDIT]

and don't say Messenger Discovery, I couldn't get that to work, I'm willing to try, if someone wants to help me with remote assistance
RE: Sending messages while appearing offline by bach_m on 09-03-2004 at 03:16 AM

no. it isn't possible, without blocking everyone else.

thats just the way the protocol works, and htat can't be messed ith

and please use the edit button instead of double postin

RE: Sending messages while appearing offline by dixon_2000ca on 09-03-2004 at 03:29 AM

Sorry about double posting. Well then I guess I have to ask, is anyone with XP willing to help me set-up Messenger Discovery via Remote Assistance. Since this thread won't deal with plugin's anymore I've moved it to the general MSN Messenger board. http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=30908

RE: Sending messages while appearing offline by (CyBeRDuDe) on 09-03-2004 at 06:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
no. it isn't possible, without blocking everyone else.

thats just the way the protocol works, and htat can't be messed ith

Wrong.....!!!! :D
It can easily be done using proxy... I don't know if it's possible using a plugin... But as proxy it works.. i've done it my self!...
RE: Sending messages while appearing offline by alexp2_ad on 09-05-2004 at 01:47 PM

Yeah, gilly messenger (alternative client) lets you do it, so it must be possible... anyone willing to take up the challenge of making this possible???

RE: Sending messages while appearing offline by aNILEator on 09-05-2004 at 02:01 PM

wasn't there someone making a .php script plugin thing to do this???

RE: Sending messages while appearing offline by michael_m91 on 09-05-2004 at 03:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dixon_2000ca
Does anybody know of a plug-in to Plus! or any other program that would allow you to send messages to your contacts while your status is "appear offline". I'm not sure if it would even be possible but it would save me from blocking 45 of my contacts when I only want to talk to one.

I don't know of a Plugin but thats a pretty good Idea. I hate when you half to block hundreds of contacts just to talk to one. So if someone knows a plugin can you state it here?

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
Yeah, gilly messenger (alternative client) lets you do it, so it must be possible... anyone willing to take up the challenge of making this possible???

If this "Gilly Messenger" can do it that Patchou should add it to Messenger Plus. Or at least a plugin needs to be made like alex2_ad said.
RE: Sending messages while appearing offline by FrozernFire on 09-05-2004 at 04:02 PM

had read the forums but too lazy to join until now :)
but i thought TB was talking about something like that in the new version of spng? about talking offline?

RE: Sending messages while appearing offline by toddy on 09-05-2004 at 04:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by michael_m91
If this "Gilly Messenger" can do it that Patchou should add it to Messenger Plus. Or at least a plugin needs to be made like alex2_ad said.

not so, messenger plus is limited to what it can do as it is an addon for msn messenger ! gilly messenger is its only cilent, meaning i can do more things, as it is not limited !
RE: Sending messages while appearing offline by Millenium_edition on 09-05-2004 at 04:47 PM

you'd need to patch msn to do these kind of stuff, so that feature is out for sure.

RE: Sending messages while appearing offline by RaceProUK on 09-05-2004 at 05:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
you'd need to patch msn to do these kind of stuff, so that feature is out for sure.
Or use a proxy. That's how MD does it.
RE: Sending messages while appearing offline by CookieRevised on 09-06-2004 at 10:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
Or use a proxy. That's how MD does it.
Again, something what Plus! wont do, so like M_E said: no such feature will be added, ...
RE: RE: Sending messages while appearing offline by guesswho on 09-06-2004 at 04:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FrozernFire
but i thought TB was talking about something like that in the new version of spng? about talking offline?

He is, i just cant find a link.