Shoutbox

Back to school.... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Back to school.... (/showthread.php?tid=30925)

Back to school.... by tomfletcherman on 09-03-2004 at 05:22 PM

Sooooo, I'mm a day late posting this, but is everyone enjoying school all over again:|? We had someone from the echo come to school and ask us about our gcse results and places are still off limit from the flooding we had (somehow we still had to go back to school:()

What joys are you all experiencing?

RE: Back to school.... by TGG on 09-03-2004 at 05:26 PM

i dotn go back till monday :D

RE: Back to school.... by tomfletcherman on 09-03-2004 at 06:23 PM

Oh, the joys of holidays still

RE: Back to school.... by Anubis on 09-03-2004 at 06:28 PM

Well today we had a weird day, a sort of half day where we just prepare get our timetable and any info for the year...In a very kind prank of many people I was voted both class prefect and sports captain...they just thought it would be a laugh, believe me I was beyond pissed...

RE: Back to school.... by user27089 on 09-03-2004 at 08:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Well today we had a weird day, a sort of half day where we just prepare get our timetable and any info for the year...In a very kind prank of many people I was voted both class prefect and sports captain...they just thought it would be a laugh, believe me I was beyond pissed...

Isn't it a good thing to be both of them though? Cause it goes on your permenant record, and leadership is a good thing for a job, because it shows that youhave discipline etc.

I don't go to school until next tuesday, i'm looking forward to it but i'm not, I can't really explain how I feel at the moment, school sucks kind of, but I like it :) New year, new classes, GCSE's etc.
RE: Back to school.... by Moo on 09-03-2004 at 08:34 PM

School just sucks @&$%

RE: Back to school.... by .Roy on 09-03-2004 at 08:50 PM

i hate school.. I never heard of one person say that i love school.... by the time i hear that the sun would have already burned down the earth and not one human would have survived :-D i miss summer i took it for granted :-(

RE: Back to school.... by Ginger on 09-03-2004 at 08:53 PM

I dont go back till tuesday :P but im still dreading it

RE: Back to school.... by RebelSean on 09-03-2004 at 09:14 PM

I went back to school 3 weeks ago :cry:. We just got our Mid Six Weeks Progress reports yesterday :|. I'm passing  Keyboarding,Physical Science, English Honors 9, Foundations 1(Math),Wellness(pe in a book :dodgy:), and Visual Art.... But I'm faiging U.S History with a  56 :|.

RE: Back to school.... by Twan on 09-03-2004 at 09:47 PM

3 weeks ago :S... what kind of vacation is that ?? :S  my first day is next thursday :D

RE: Back to school.... by marissa on 09-03-2004 at 09:50 PM

bacl to school next tuesday, im kinda excited. I LOVE SCHOOL!!...not, what was i thinking when i typed that :p

RE: Back to school.... by RebelSean on 09-03-2004 at 09:51 PM

We got out in may and didnt go back till august 4(something around there) lol not much of a vacation...Dr. Eddmans wouldnt let our school go 6months on 6months off...He thought we wouldnt remember stuff :cry:

RE: Back to school.... by Grue on 09-03-2004 at 10:08 PM

I've been in back to school since monday. I have heck of a hard year ahead of me. I have only been back one week and I am already overwhelmed with homework. We got out of school at the end of may too

RE: Back to school.... by Chrono on 09-03-2004 at 10:17 PM

winter here :P so i have to wait less than u for my summer holydays :banana: :XP:

RE: Back to school.... by jren207 on 09-03-2004 at 10:21 PM

I'm not back till tuesday lol :P

I've run out of stuff to do lol... i'm actually bored :O

RE: Back to school.... by Plik on 09-03-2004 at 10:27 PM

You could to my course work :P
I have 2 peices that have to be done and 2 that need to be done.
And i haven't done any and i go back to school on tuesday.
:( im gunna flunk my GCSE's

RE: Back to school.... by jren207 on 09-03-2004 at 10:30 PM

* jren207 now has suddenly found something to do :P and runs away...

RE: Back to school.... by Plik on 09-03-2004 at 10:39 PM

lol, thats what i've been like about it all hols and look where its got me :P:(

RE: RE: Back to school.... by Abz2k4 on 09-03-2004 at 11:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by madman66
You could to my course work
I have 2 peices that have to be done and 2 that need to be done.
And i haven't done any and i go back to school on tuesday.

Oh Sh!t you just reminded me. I still have coursework to do!!!
RE: Back to school.... by jren207 on 09-04-2004 at 12:38 AM

nooo I will be getting some when I get back, at least I didn't get any to do over the hols :P

RE: Back to school.... by dotNorma on 09-04-2004 at 01:47 AM

I started back to shcool like a month ago :-/

RE: Back to school.... by MC Inferno on 09-04-2004 at 01:51 AM

Started today..... a fucking FRIDAY :(

RE: Back to school.... by RebelSean on 09-04-2004 at 02:40 AM

We started on a tuesday this year, tis was realy weird...We usually start on a monday or friday....:|

lol mc inferno we usually start on a monday or friday, lucky you dont live down here you'd hate it!

RE: Back to school.... by saralk on 09-04-2004 at 09:44 AM

I go back on Thursday, im at the point where ur in a limbo between wanting to back to school and see all your friends, and not wanting to go back to school and stay at home browsing the messenger plus forums

RE: Back to school.... by azn angel on 09-04-2004 at 10:24 AM

what are GCSE's??
and im in australia n spring has jus started so i have to wait for around 2 weeks and then i get 10 day holidays...dodgy?..yes i know. i hate my school one day im gonna burn.....for my sake im gonna shutup

i wasnt serious about burning down my school...shit! i didnt say that!:P

RE: Back to school.... by saralk on 09-04-2004 at 10:29 AM

GCSEs are the public exams, i think there the equiv of ur HSCs, (got that from Home and Away :p)

You do them when you are 16

RE: Back to school.... by Anubis on 09-04-2004 at 10:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

Isn't it a good thing to be both of them though? Cause it goes on your permenant record, and leadership is a good thing for a job, because it shows that youhave discipline etc.

Perhaps, but I don't want to be a sports captain. Prefect I could do because all that entails is going along to pointless meetings sparsely, and it'd be nice to have a small say in some things...
RE: Back to school.... by RebelSean on 09-04-2004 at 01:29 PM

We take a exam at the end of the semester, at chrimas (3 six weeks grading periods) then we take a gateway( selected students only in 9th) at the end of the year, but if you dont get selected for the gateway then you take a end of the year exam here :p

RE: Back to school.... by tomfletcherman on 09-04-2004 at 05:00 PM

Well its now the year I'll be doing the rest of my gcse's in. Just finished my English coursework in time even though I've had it all summer. I should do my spanish soon but I'd rather not...

RE: Back to school.... by ddunk on 09-04-2004 at 05:06 PM

We've got CAT6's (California Academic Test) at the end of every year, and this year (10th grade) I take my high school exit exam.

I'm taking 2 AP classes this year where after you finish the course, you pay $80 to take a test and if ou pass, you get college credit.

Then to get into college, you have to take the SAT's which are the Standarized Academic Tests (I believe, I had an entire project on College Admissions and Affirmative Action last year :P) which are extremely hard :undecided:

RE: Back to school.... by RebelSean on 09-04-2004 at 05:47 PM

Hmmm Ddunk, you take SAT's your junior and senior year in highschool, well at least thats the way it does in my high school :undecided:.

RE: Back to school.... by Pr0xY on 09-05-2004 at 01:57 AM

School started for me on Sept. 1st.  I really don't know why we started before Labor Day this year,  I think its cause otherwise we wouldn't get out untill the middle of june. 

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
Hmmm Ddunk, you take SAT's your junior and senior year in highschool, well at least thats the way it does in my high school :undecided:.
At my school SAT's aren't the most important thing.  We take ACT's, and we can take them in any grade, once a month during school.  They hold the tests at the local college in town. 

RE: Back to school.... by ddunk on 09-05-2004 at 02:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy
At my school SAT's aren't the most important thing.  We take ACT's, and we can take them in any grade, once a month during school.  They hold the tests at the local college in town. 

SAT's = ACT's it just depends on what part of the country you're in, I
had to use a comparison chart in my project.

quote:

We can take it Sophmore (at least here), it's just not recommended since you've only taken 1 1/2 years of HS..
RE: Back to school.... by RebelSean on 09-05-2004 at 03:16 AM

ACT is not the same thing, tis different....It's sorta like a gateway/SAT mixed, tho tis not the same thing.....

It's not recommeded here either, but most (except the smart geeks) take the SAT's in our junior year :p

RE: Back to school.... by Pr0xY on 09-05-2004 at 03:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
SAT's = ACT's it just depends on what part of the country you're in
Alot of colleges take both, but there not the same test.  The Act is what I took.  I was alittle nervis when I took mine (there was a really hott babe next to me that I didn't know), and so I want to take it again to see if I can do even better. 

RE: Back to school.... by Ginger on 09-07-2004 at 09:12 PM

AHHH! had to go back today

it was supposed to be jus a day of speeches in the auditorium, but apparently since my school is soo0o0o crappy the auditorium roof caved in and so we had to sit in the unbelievably hot caf ALL DAY and listen to sum idiots blab on about how great highschool is, yeh right..

i got a new locker too and im stuck between two tall guys who keep blockin my locker and i cant get into it! GRR school sucks

RE: Back to school.... by sasquatch on 09-09-2004 at 05:10 AM

school sux, i walked into the wrong classroom 3 times in one day, i forgot which hall my locker was in, my bio teacher is a biatch, and i fell asleep in almost everyclass so far...

and out boiler is broken and its frickin freezing in Edmonton

RE: Back to school.... by marissa on 09-09-2004 at 05:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by azn angel
i wasnt serious about burning down my school...shit! i didnt say that!

Its okay, we all have that dream...and some of us may actually do it :p I egged my school...which wasnt cool. My step brother told and yeah, you can hear the stroy another time.  :grin:

I just started a different school, its fun, i met a few new people...but everyone looks the same. the guy beside my locker smells but besides that, its fun:)
RE: Back to school.... by Jhrono on 09-09-2004 at 11:18 AM

I only have school day 16 :P :P
And reall work only starts day 20:P Im the man:P

RE: RE: Back to school.... by Ginger on 09-09-2004 at 08:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
quote:
Originally posted by azn angel
i wasnt serious about burning down my school...shit! i didnt say that!

Its okay, we all have that dream...and some of us may actually do it :p

I dont need to go to the trouble of burnin down my school :D its fallin apart all on its own

RE: Back to school.... by user27089 on 09-11-2004 at 02:00 PM

Well i'm not at school now for another two weeks, school started on tuesday, i'll go through what I did in my 4 days...

well, tuesday, it was a dossing day, so we did nothing, wednesday, had to have a cast thing on my foot, cause the top of the ankle bone has came off and there is a crack down it, so I had the rest of the day at school, then two days of plain weird work... which wasn't hard, it was quite fun actually, now 2 weeks off school, I miss a test and an essay... :banana:

RE: Back to school.... by RebelSean on 09-25-2004 at 02:42 PM

w00t we finaly got our report cards..For the 1st 6 weeks...My grades are:

Subject                               Teacher                            1st
Keyboarding                       Frazer Shannon                 91( A )
Wellness                            McGill Craig                         88( B )
English Honors 9                Howell Angel(She is fineeee) 89( B+)
Physical Science                  Campbell Reggie                93( A )
Visual Art 1                          Bucher Elizabeth               94 ( A )
US History                           Amy Smith                          80( B )
Foundations 1                     (Doc)Shepard Ronald         90( A )

Anyone else with there 1st report card??
RE: Back to school.... by ddunk on 09-25-2004 at 04:19 PM

PE 10: A
AP Art History A
Honors English 10: A
Military History: A
GPA: 4.5 :)

(they don't give us percentages)

RE: Back to school.... by RebelSean on 09-25-2004 at 04:24 PM

They dont give us our GPA till end of our fall term :dodgy:

RE: Back to school.... by ddunk on 09-25-2004 at 04:25 PM

That one doesn't count either, it's just a 4.5 :P

RE: Back to school.... by RebelSean on 09-25-2004 at 04:34 PM

Wait the highest GPA you can get is a 4.0 wtf? ^o)

RE: RE: Back to school.... by Ginger on 09-26-2004 at 02:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
PE 10: A
AP Art History A
Honors English 10: A
Military History: A
GPA: 4.5 :)

(they don't give us percentages)

Wow i need to sit next to you in class :P
RE: Back to school.... by paperless on 09-26-2004 at 02:45 AM

Well my school started 20 but i just have 3 teachers until now ill have all of them next week.

But that grades to me are chinese the system here is completely difrent.
At least i think so.

RE: Back to school.... by ddunk on 09-26-2004 at 04:27 AM

quote:
Wait the highest GPA you can get is a 4.0 wtf? ^o)

Nah, AP and Honors classes give you an extra grade point about a C so...

A = 5.0
B = 4.0
C = 3.0
D = 1.0
F = 0