Shoutbox

Bots - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Bots (/showthread.php?tid=30931)

Bots by Replicarter on 09-03-2004 at 07:02 PM

does anyone know any bots that will actualy accept me? i added all the bots which are at www.mess.be but non of them will accept me.

RE: Bots by .Roy on 09-03-2004 at 07:53 PM

lol.. i dont get it..

whats the point of talking to a robot on a messenger??

isnt it used to talk to real people... lol but i do think when im bored and no one to talk to i can go try to fool a bot :-D

even though i always have someone on ;) if u use aim add SmarterChild   Hes cool lol i like pissing him off

RE: Bots by andrey on 09-03-2004 at 08:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DangerXone
whats the point of talking to a robot on a messenger??
the bots have some features that my friends don't have :) for example bot2k3:
quote:
Originally posted by msnfanatic.com
..his features include Ink (saving your Ink messages too), file transfer, image to ASCII conversion, 4 group games (with a new, revolutionary, way of talking), chatroom, MSN Messenger 6 features like display pictures and custom emoticons and so much more (about 225 commands)
..my friends never converted a pic to ASCII for me but he did it.. ;)
RE: Bots by siebe on 09-03-2004 at 08:42 PM

When talking about BOT2K3, please refer to our mirror page, instead of telling people mirror names (seeing as only 3 out of 20 mirrors are not full, so all others will deny you ;)).

We know the site is down etc (Itll be back round end Sep, old domain host doesnt want to unlock it -_-), so we've made a temporary new redirect, http://bot2k3.bounceme.net.

Have fun using BOT2K3 :)

RE: Bots by Yousef on 09-03-2004 at 10:29 PM

I've got a bot up that will accept you :) check my sig

RE: Bots by Replicarter on 09-03-2004 at 11:01 PM

lol, marznet@marznetproductions.com is very funny, do you know any others like it? i added a few others from that site but they all ask for commands and dont just talk to you, i want one like this,
www.planet-servers.com go there now, yes you! says:
lick me
Marznet says:
i dont just go around licking things.....

RE: Bots by RebelSean on 09-03-2004 at 11:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Replicarter
lol, marznet@marznetproductions.com is very funny, do you know any others like it? i added a few others from that site but they all ask for commands and dont just talk to you, i want one like this,
lick me
Marznet says:
i dont just go around licking things.....

What a bot...It asks me were i'm located and what I look like..I just hope the people running this dont log the chats cause, well if a noob tells the bot stuff then the owner will no lol

RE: Bots by marissa on 09-03-2004 at 11:22 PM

quote=Sean]What a bot...It asks me were i'm located and what I look like..I just hope the people running this dont log the chats cause, well if a noob tells the bot stuff then the owner will no lol

That would be a BIG invasion of privacy, i think there would be legal actions if the conversations got sent back to the owner :S
RE: Bots by Abz2k4 on 09-04-2004 at 12:21 AM

quote:
btw, what happend to jaedon ? I liked this bot, i used to fool my friends with him...they really thought they were talking to a real person even when he said the weirdest things
Yea i've been wondering where Jaedon is, he was a really cool bot and the A.I. was amazing i also fooled loadza my friends with him :D
RE: Bots by RebelSean on 09-04-2004 at 02:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa

That would be a BIG invasion of privacy, i think there would be legal actions if the conversations got sent back to the owner :S

Ya I know, thats why I said I hope that it don't get sent to the owner :p
RE: Bots by Replicarter on 09-04-2004 at 09:14 AM

dos the marzbot learn? he askes me where i live several times a day, ok, so they dont learn each persons information, but does he learn new things? i thought this was funny:

how old are you?

Marznet says:
in human terms i'm 20 years old.

20, realy?

Marznet says:
thats a good age to be.... absolutely.

do you want to know how old i am?

Marznet says:
yes, please tell me.

Marznet says:
thats a good age to be....

why is it good to be 15

Marznet says:
i'm not sure.

your not shure of what?

Marznet says:
what about it?

what about what?

Marznet says:
i thought you weren't supposed to ask rhetorical questions....

its not rhetorical, id like an answer please.

Marznet says:
oh....well....it sure seemed like it was...

what made you think it was?

Marznet says:
the parents, presumably.

what are the parents names?

Marznet says:
i don't know who.   :)

oh, and this.

you said heh...i can imagine why...  how often? what were you refering to?

Marznet says:
hmmm....thats really not what i meant.

hmmmm

Marznet says:
not many people spell hmm with 4 ms.

not many people spell hmm with 2 ms

RE: Bots by TGG on 09-04-2004 at 09:34 AM

i like marzbot, YAY SHASKEPEARE INSULTS!!!!!:):):)

EDIT: it just asked me "do you have any mental conditions i should know about?" ... how, erm, thoughtful :P

RE: Bots by Replicarter on 09-04-2004 at 09:44 AM

lol, he asked me the same think because i was doing kissis with msn plus lol, hes so annoying now. im trying to get him to give a message to his master for me, and he wont.

RE: Bots by TGG on 09-04-2004 at 07:59 PM

he keeps saying "?" to me aswell

quote:
Originally posted by Replicarter
trying to get him to give a message to his master for me, and he wont.
try signing his questbook

RE: Bots by FrozernFire on 09-07-2004 at 10:04 AM

[18:10:10] --->WHEE<--- says:
how old are you?
[18:10:12] Marznet says:
in human terms i'm 20 years old.

[18:10:24] --->WHEE<--- says:
that's older than me
[18:10:26] Marznet says:
i thought so too.

[18:10:40] --->WHEE<--- says:
how many martian days have you lived
[18:10:42] Marznet says:
around 1000.

[18:10:55] --->WHEE<--- says:
how long in human years is that?
[18:10:57] Marznet says:
more than  23  inches.

lol that's funny. but the day when bots will be no different from a human speaking is still far away

RE: Bots by brattyangel on 09-07-2004 at 03:13 PM

marzbot is amazingly cool, and he can remember specifics about you, like your name. he has some awesome commands. -

AngelBrat4GI [11:07 AM]:  !zodiac aries
Marznet [11:07 AM]:  aries for September 07, 2004 - Feeling restless? Dying to see someone? There's just one thing to do. Make sure you've got gas in the car  and accurate directions. Once you get going, you won't want to stop.
AngelBrat4GI [11:12 AM]:  thank you marz
Marznet [11:12 AM]:  you are quite welcome!  i only hear that type of response less than five percent of the time.
AngelBrat4GI [11:13 AM]:  no one thanks you?
Marznet [11:13 AM]:  the world is sometimes a very lonely place..

RE: Bots by alienzhavelanded on 09-07-2004 at 03:21 PM

Glad to see youre having fun with Marznet :) We constantly work on making him smarter! Your convos with him help us do that. Feel free to talk to him anytime!

quote:
im trying to get him to give a message to his master for me, and he wont.

Use his messaging system, send the command !msg to learn how. You may also email me or catch me on MSN if Im on.

quote:
What a bot...It asks me were i'm located and what I look like..I just hope the people running this dont log the chats cause, well if a noob tells the bot stuff then the owner will no lol

quote:
That would be a BIG invasion of privacy, i think there would be legal actions if the conversations got sent back to the owner

If that were the case, you could be sued for logging your own messages. Why would it be any different for Marznet? He asks you things like what city youre in and your name simply to carry a conversation. Like any person you talk to online, you should be careful what kind of info you give.

None of those details would be enough to invade anyone's privacy. If you dont want to tell him anything, dont. If you dont want Marznet to know anything, dont talk to him. Its that simple, YOU are responsible for your saftey online, not someone else. If it makes you feel any better, we don't use any of info except to improve his conversational abilities and to remember some basic things about people he's spoken to. Besides, who said you had to tell him anything that's true?

Marznet is here for your enjoyment, and he will constantly be improved. Our goal is to eventually make him a tech bot, able to answer your computer related questions, etc.  He will gradually change as time goes on. You can visit his site at  http://www.marznetproductions.com/marzbot.htm

Also, if you have AOL or AIM he has a chat you can hang out in with him and some of his best friends. Just send the command !chat from your AIM name to the name Marznet to get "clearance" to enter Area 51! The room could use a few new regulars. :D Please note you cannot enter the chat without having first been approved or you won't be allowed in.

Send any questions, concerns, or other remarks about Marznet to alienz@marznetproductions via email or MSN.
RE: Bots by FrozernFire on 09-10-2004 at 06:41 AM

i asked marznet to bring on a msg to his master and he did. he sort of is able to remember a few info. you can say that my name is ***** and he will remember

RE: Bots by alienzhavelanded on 09-10-2004 at 06:39 PM

quote:
i asked marznet to bring on a msg to his master and he did

You can leave messages for any other user with the !msg command. If you send that to him, he will respond and tell you how to leave Marzmail for someone. Marznet will then notify them when he sees them that they have mail. It is also cross-messenger compatible, which means MSN users can leave messages for AIM users and vice versa. (Marznet uses both services).

quote:
you can say that my name is ***** and he will remember

He also remembers basic things like your name, age, sex, etc...and more if I decide to add it. The trick to getting him to remember is saying it the right way. Such as "My name is Bob" or "I am 30 years old"