Shoutbox

Boss Protection problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Boss Protection problem (/showthread.php?tid=30969)

Boss Protection problem by btdas on 09-04-2004 at 12:07 PM

The boss protection button does not work properly. If I do a fresh install the "control + space" keys will activate the boss protection. Later the same key combination will only close the messenger windows. I have tried other key combinatioins, to no avail. My operating system is Windows XP pro.
thank you. :(

RE: Boss Protection problem by Anubis on 09-04-2004 at 01:01 PM

Is Ctrl+SPACE also associated with any other Windows commands? Version numbers of both MSN Messenger and Messenger Plus would be helpful..

RE: Boss Protection problem by btdas on 09-04-2004 at 01:07 PM

Thank you. My Messenger Version (Windows Messenger - not MSN Messenger) is 4.7.3000. my version of Plus is the latest at:3.01.94.
I can not another association for Ctrl+SPACE and the combination only closes windows in Messenger. The combination does not seem to impact any other program or windows command.  This combination is supposed to close the messenger window, so that is fine, it is also supposed to active my busy notificaition - and that is the part that fail. After a restart it will work again and then stop.

RE: Boss Protection problem by Anubis on 09-04-2004 at 02:24 PM

I think you should know that Windows Messenger isn't officially supported by Plus! and there has been problems with it's compatibility in the past...After all Messenger Plus! is designed for MSN Messenger
There is a chance that installing Windows Messenger 5.0 may resolve the issue (click here to download)...
But I'd advise you used MSN Messenger itself, it does have more features for the home user but not able to connect to the communications service and Microsoft Exchange Instant Messaging (if you don't know of that you don't probably use it)...
MSN Messenger can be downloaded at http://messenger.msn.com

RE: Boss Protection problem by btdas on 09-04-2004 at 02:34 PM

thank you. I shall try both.