Shoutbox

No Plus! on right click - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: No Plus! on right click (/showthread.php?tid=31027)

No Plus! on right click by snow white on 09-05-2004 at 07:18 PM

Using Windows Messenger on XP, and MsgPlus! 3.01.94.

Since installing SP2, Plus doesn't appear on the menu when you right click on a name.  This means that you can't set custom notifications for different people either.

RE: No Plus! on right click by marissa on 09-05-2004 at 07:23 PM

have you tried reinstalling?

RE: No Plus! on right click by snow white on 09-05-2004 at 07:26 PM

Yes, and just tried it again - still no plus on the menu.

RE: No Plus! on right click by marissa on 09-05-2004 at 07:29 PM

well i looked through preferences and couldnt find anything related to this. Did you reinstall without saving settings? or yyou can just "reset to defaults" on the preferences window at the bottom.

RE: No Plus! on right click by snow white on 09-05-2004 at 07:44 PM

Resetting the defaults makes no difference.  There used to be Messenger Plus! Extras / Notifications on the menu when you right clicked on a contact - as referred to in the preferences on the Notifications > Popup Defaults tab, but it's not there anymore, whatever I do.  It only disappeared when I installed SP2. 

The other thing that appears to be missing is the line at the top when it used to say how many emails you had.

RE: No Plus! on right click by Plik on 09-05-2004 at 07:48 PM

in the menu bar at the top of the contact list, is there a menu called "Plus!"

RE: No Plus! on right click by snow white on 09-05-2004 at 07:52 PM

Yes, that's still there, MsgPlus still works as normal with the exception of that right-click menu.

But you can't do custom notifications for individuals from the main plus menu.  Everything else I think you can still do from the other menus.

RE: No Plus! on right click by Tochjo on 09-05-2004 at 08:30 PM

There is a registry setting to disable that menu. Although the chance that you accidentally and unknowingly changed it is small, you could check it anyway.

Use Plus! Tweak! for Plus! 3: download/open it and select your address from the menu. Then, click ImprovePopupMenus and make sure it's set to True (it should show Plus! menus then).

RE: No Plus! on right click by CookieRevised on 09-05-2004 at 08:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snow white
It only disappeared when I installed SP2
The other thing that appears to be missing is the line at the top when it used to say how many emails you had.
This makes me think you are running Windows Messenger 4.7.3000....
Can you confirm this?
RE: No Plus! on right click by snow white on 09-06-2004 at 04:13 PM

4.7.3000 is correct - sorry, I didn't check the latest version number before!

And the tweak was already set to True.

Oh, the other (final!!!) thing I noticed in the upgrade was on the messenger logs, my messages no longer say "*** says", only the other persons.  A minor point I know!

Thanks for all the suggestions!  Hope we manage to fix it!

RE: No Plus! on right click by CookieRevised on 09-06-2004 at 10:31 PM

you might be interested in this post:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=30...d=300796#pid300796
(second part) and also my last post in that thread...

Also, because 4.7.3000 "came out" after the latest Plus! version, there might be compatibily issues like this...

RE: No Plus! on right click by snow white on 09-06-2004 at 10:40 PM

Reinstalling the 4.7.2009 from the messenger website worked great.  Thanks guys!

RE: No Plus! on right click by Patchou on 09-08-2004 at 05:38 AM

There are a lot of compatiility problems between the latest version of Windows Messenger 4 and Messenger Plus!. They have all been fixed in Plus! 3.10 that should be released soon.