Shoutbox

been ____ for _ minutes - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: been ____ for _ minutes (/showthread.php?tid=31074)

been ____ for _ minutes by saralk on 09-06-2004 at 06:27 PM

i think in the contact information dialogue, it should tell you how long the certain contact has had his status as it is for.

For example, if the guys status is away

Contact has been away for 15 minutes

and if you signed in when they had that status

Contact has been away for over 15 minutes

RE: been ____ for _ minutes by RebelSean on 09-06-2004 at 06:37 PM

I like that idea (y)... Just curious, like say this: (%)SeAn(%) has been online for 5 hours 36 min 14 sec

or like:

(%)SeAn(%) has been (status) for 5 hours 36 min 14 seconds

Is that what you mean? If so, I'd say I would like it :D:D:D

RE: been ____ for _ minutes by Pr0xY on 09-07-2004 at 05:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sean

(%)SeAn(%) has been (status) for 5 hours 36 min 14 seconds

Is that what you mean? If so, I'd say I would like it :D:D:D
Sean, that is a really good idea.  They have that for AOL, but since I use a good IM service, having this feature would be nice. 
RE: been ____ for _ minutes by Chestah on 09-07-2004 at 08:31 AM

or maybe msg plus could monitor these information locally at the person's computer that is away :P and then if they have it set! Their Plus will communicate with your plus telling you that the user has been inactive for exactly XX hours XX minutes and (possibly) XX seconds.

Of course you'd need an option in msg plus settings for this as some users might not want this information given :P! but i think its a great idea :) be handy in knowing how long they've been away and whether to bother to talk to them or not ;)!! Hopefully lots of people agree with me
Chestah :)

RE: been ____ for _ minutes by FrozernFire on 09-07-2004 at 09:24 AM

the time is already displayed. so maybe in a new version or patch can be used to calculate the difference

RE: been ____ for _ minutes by saralk on 09-07-2004 at 07:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah007
or maybe msg plus could monitor these information locally at the person's computer that is away :P and then if they have it set! Their Plus will communicate with your plus telling you that the user has been inactive for exactly XX hours XX minutes and (possibly) XX seconds.

Of course you'd need an option in msg plus settings for this as some users might not want this information given :P! but i think its a great idea :) be handy in knowing how long they've been away and whether to bother to talk to them or not ;)!! Hopefully lots of people agree with me
Chestah :)

i guess that would be a good idea, but probably too hard to implment.

RE: been ____ for _ minutes by Choli on 09-07-2004 at 08:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah007
Plus will communicate with your plus
I think that that would never happen. Patchou doesn't like Plus to communicate with other. (i think)
quote:
Originally posted by FrozernFire
the time is already displayed. so maybe in a new version or patch can be used to calculate the difference
so true. In fact, if you look at the event window you can see when some one has changed his/her status from online to away and you know that since then s/he's away.
RE: been ____ for _ minutes by Patchou on 09-08-2004 at 05:18 AM

quote:
I think that that would never happen. Patchou doesn't like Plus to communicate with other. (i think)
Very true, and for lots of reasons :).

I agree it would be a nice feature however, you have to consider the fact that you have toleave your Messenger running to know that kind of info. I'll try to do something for the next version.
RE: been ____ for _ minutes by saralk on 09-08-2004 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
you have to consider the fact that you have toleave your Messenger running to know that kind of info.

i leave my messenger running all day, but really it has the same innacuracies as the "last seen online feature" but i still find that a very useful feature.