Shoutbox

Perferences list - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Perferences list (/showthread.php?tid=31093)

Perferences list by Jono_ferg on 09-07-2004 at 10:16 AM

[size=2][color=black][font=Times New Roman]well i was just wondering if it would b possible to hide the whole pus! menu on the msn contacts page. instead of just being able to lock the peferences list the whole plus menu should b able to b lock. this would help me cos i hav little bros and sisters n i would like to b able to stop them messing with msn plus! also would it b possible to make it so u r able to talk to ppl if u block them or appear offline n make it so they cant talk bac. it would b a good feature if u wanted to abuse someone but didnt want to hear wat they had to say. i no harsh but true

RE: Perferences list by Mnjul on 09-07-2004 at 12:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jono_ferg
this would help me cos i hav little bros and sisters n i would like to b able to stop them messing with Messenger Plus!
That would give Plus! the ability to be used as a spyware, so No.

quote:
if u wanted to abuse someone but didnt want to hear wat they had to say
So the answer to this suggestion is a clear no.
RE: Perferences list by BEWARE^^ on 09-07-2004 at 05:46 PM

i agree with mnjul its annoying and its not usefull when you need something form messenger plus and if you dont want that you bro's and sisters use msgplus then you could delete it and dont use it at all ;)

RE: Perferences list by user27089 on 09-07-2004 at 05:47 PM

I also agree with mnjul, it will be a nuisance completely, can a mod please change the poll to a single choice?

RE: Perferences list by FrozernFire on 09-08-2004 at 10:24 AM

i agree that this can be used as a spyware if the lock was included. my friend's cousin used my friend's computer and talked to someone over msn about his gf. my friend then checked the log files and found out all about the gf :). too bad that he didn't uncheck "log this chat"

RE: Perferences list by Choli on 09-08-2004 at 08:49 PM

I agree with Mnjul

quote:
this would help me cos i hav little bros and sisters n i would like to b able to stop them messing with Messenger Plus!
what about setting an admin password of the preferences?