Shoutbox

Cant Hear Emoticon Sounds - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Cant Hear Emoticon Sounds (/showthread.php?tid=31140)

Cant Hear Emoticon Sounds by The Napster on 09-08-2004 at 05:05 PM

I cant hear the Emoticons Sounds, either when recieveing them or sending them. All other contacts can hear em.

My Stats:
Plus! 3.01.94
Win XP SP2 (might be the problem)
MSN Messenger 6.2.0137

I dont know what other info to give...
Thanks for any help :D

RE: Cant Hear Emoticon Sounds by joyride on 09-08-2004 at 09:51 PM

i'm having the same problem... installed plus... can't hear any of the /s command sounds... like /sright or /somg... others can hear them.. they just don't play on my computer.. all other messenger sounds are working fine.   
I'm running the same version of msn and plus as napster and XP SP2 actually.. could be the problem :(.

RE: Cant Hear Emoticon Sounds by RebelSean on 09-08-2004 at 09:55 PM

Try changing the codec in the prefferences. Plus> Preferences>General Options> Sound Config> change the codec to the oposite and then restart msn messenger see if this works :).

RE: Cant Hear Emoticon Sounds by The Napster on 09-09-2004 at 03:26 PM

Ok Thanks ill try that

RE: RE: Cant Hear Emoticon Sounds by The Napster on 09-09-2004 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
Try changing the codec in the prefferences. Plus> Preferences>General Options> Sound Config> change the codec to the oposite and then restart msn messenger see if this works :).

Nope dont work
RE: Cant Hear Emoticon Sounds by The Napster on 09-10-2004 at 02:29 PM

O well gies well have to wait for the next Plus! Version, and hope its fixed... :(

RE: Cant Hear Emoticon Sounds by k6msb on 09-12-2004 at 12:48 PM

Well, I posted this same problem a month or two back, was told essentially it's "just me".
As soon as I install Windows Media Player 10, I cannot hear these sounds, whether I am sending or receiving them.  The people on the "other side" of the conversation are hearing them just fine.  I DO still hear the notifications, and Audiator still works fine; but, I have to uninstall WMP 10 and use WMP 9 if I want to actually hear the emoticon sounds.  With WMP 9, all is fine; as soon as I install WMP 10, emoticon sounds...and ONLY emoticon sounds...are gone, lost again.

Regards,
k6msb

BTW, WinXP Home SP2 otherwise, no prob.

RE: Cant Hear Emoticon Sounds by Patchou on 09-12-2004 at 06:19 PM

Well, I just tried installing Media Player 10 and sounds are still working for me. As always, your problem is probably a codec problem. Hwoever, you say that Audiator is still working and I find this very intriguing... could you ask the developer of this plugin to email me at mplus@patchou.com ? I'd like to know what he does different from me :).

Thanks,
Patchou

RE: Cant Hear Emoticon Sounds by obi on 09-22-2004 at 12:54 AM

:S:Ssame problem, and have media player 9 and it wont work if i play an MP3 either, changed codec ect, is that it then???? end of emoticon sounds????