Shoutbox

missing thread - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: missing thread (/showthread.php?tid=31148)

missing thread by megamuff on 09-08-2004 at 08:26 PM

a thread i made in messenger plus general board is not showing up in a search, and i already looked down as many pages manually as i had the time to do. the title was "suggestion: log options". i think we have a bug here..

RE: missing thread by RebelSean on 09-08-2004 at 08:31 PM

It might have gotton moved. It's currently in Msgplus General Talk

It can be viewed here: suggestion: log options

Tbh its not a bug :)

RE: missing thread by megamuff on 09-08-2004 at 08:34 PM

thats what i said, thats the board i made it in, it didnt get moved, and it didnt appear in the search either. it IS definately a bug BECAUSE it doesnt appear as a result in the search. have you even tried searching for it? (by the way thanks for giving me the address.... i guess at least SOMEONE was smart enough to save the address..... i'll do that now. :P)

RE: missing thread by RebelSean on 09-08-2004 at 08:37 PM

I searched and I found it. And btw, if you can't find a thread click on the User Name of the person who made the thread and it will go to there profile then it says Posts and hit find and it comes up all the threads/posts the user has posted in.:)

RE: RE: missing thread by megamuff on 09-08-2004 at 08:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
I searched and I found it. And btw, if you can't find a thread click on the User Name of the person who made the thread and it will go to there profile then it says Posts and hit find and it comes up all the threads/posts the user has posted in.:)

what keywords did you use to search for it? i tried "suggestion" "suggestion options" "options" and "suggestion: options" but "log" doesnt work in the search.
RE: missing thread by RebelSean on 09-08-2004 at 08:43 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/basicsearch.php?actio...tion&fid=23&page=2

There ya go. Simple as that :).

RE: missing thread by megamuff on 09-08-2004 at 08:45 PM

wow im not taken very highly here. ive already gone through a search for "suggestion" and my thread wasnt there. in fact in a search that should be even more likely to bring my thread, it wasnt there either.

RE: missing thread by wj on 09-08-2004 at 08:58 PM

I dont know what to tell you there, Your thread shows up in the search for the keyword "suggestion" on the second page. It also show in the list of threads for that forum Here on page 4

RE: missing thread by megamuff on 09-08-2004 at 09:02 PM

well then maybe it is a bug for internet explorer users. it didnt appear in any searches i did, and wasnt on any of the (at least 15) pages i looked through some time ago...

RE: missing thread by RebelSean on 09-08-2004 at 09:06 PM

I have IE 6.0 and it works for me. Tbh, click on search typed in suggestion and were it says look in forum, put in Msg Plus General Talk...:)

RE: missing thread by megamuff on 09-08-2004 at 09:11 PM

i dont know what "tbh" means unless your talking to someone other then me, but there is an easier way to search. each board has a search field at the bottom. type something in, and it gives results....... just, not the right results, for me...

RE: missing thread by wj on 09-08-2004 at 09:29 PM

tbh: to be honest

And I tried the search from the bottom of the Msgplus general chat forum and it showed your thread on the second page of results just like the one that Sean linked there. I've tried this in both IE 6, Firefox, and Safari and it is exactly the same in everyone of them. I recomend you check your spelling, making sure you are in the correct forum, and any other possibly variable. The software powering this board is not causing this problem, It looks more like a pebcak error.

RE: missing thread by CookieRevised on 09-09-2004 at 12:48 AM

How to search (basic info):

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=24...d=240412#pid240412
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22...d=218405#pid218405

RE: missing thread by WDZ on 09-09-2004 at 02:20 AM

The best way to find your own posts is to search for all posts made by you. There are "Find" links in your posts and your profile.

BTW, the search feature does not look at thread subjects, only the content of the posts.