Shoutbox

Getting FTP, PHP and MYSQL running on my server - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Getting FTP, PHP and MYSQL running on my server (/showthread.php?tid=31152)

Getting FTP, PHP and MYSQL running on my server by .blade// on 09-08-2004 at 11:12 PM

Well now that I have my server running, I need to get a few things working on it. How would I get FTP, PHP and MYSQL working on a server running Windows XP with Apache web server? The address is http://216.232.188.11:8080/

RE: Getting FTP, PHP and MYSQL running on my server by Chris.1 on 09-09-2004 at 05:46 PM

For FTP I would recommend running the server version of FileZilla (google for it - I think it's on sourceforge).

For PHP - you can get this from php.net

For MySQL - get this from the mySQL website.

As you already have Apache running on your localmachine, it should be easy to setup the rest.  Just reply if you've got any trouble - the instructions that come with the individual packages are usually pretty clear.

RE: Getting FTP, PHP and MYSQL running on my server by Menthix on 09-09-2004 at 06:08 PM

I use:

FTP: Serv-U ( http://www.serv-u.com/ )
PHP: ( www.php.net )
MySQL: ( www.mysql.com )

PHP and MySQL are free and can run with Apache on Windows XP (i have it set up like that). Serv-U personal edition is free, for more you should pay. Read the manuals of PHP and MySQL to set everything uo right.

RE: Getting FTP, PHP and MYSQL running on my server by .blade// on 09-09-2004 at 06:28 PM

WEll for php and MySql, it doesn't support Apache for direct install so u have to manually configure :dodgy:

but thanks for the FTP sites :banana:

RE: Getting FTP, PHP and MYSQL running on my server by Menthix on 09-09-2004 at 06:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
it doesn't support Apache for direct install so u have to manually configure
Lol, you have alot to learn my friend :D. Welcome to the world of servers. Setting it up isn't hard at all though, just take your time to read the readme/manual... it's how server software works. Guess you never used a unix/linux box either? No offence btw.
RE: Getting FTP, PHP and MYSQL running on my server by .blade// on 09-09-2004 at 06:39 PM

lol, I know all about unix/linux, but for some of my server applications to work I need it running windows. I don't know PHP and this is my first time setting up a server so :XP:....lol

RE: Getting FTP, PHP and MYSQL running on my server by saralk on 09-09-2004 at 07:36 PM

its coming, not comming

RE: Getting FTP, PHP and MYSQL running on my server by .blade// on 09-09-2004 at 07:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
its coming, not comming

:$

I'll correct that...
RE: Getting FTP, PHP and MYSQL running on my server by WDZ on 09-09-2004 at 07:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
its coming, not comming
Spammy... :dodgy: wj always spells it like that... :refuck:

Anyway, cool image on http://216.232.188.11:8080/... I'm tempted to edit out the text and use it as wallpaper. :p
RE: Getting FTP, PHP and MYSQL running on my server by -dt- on 09-10-2004 at 04:07 AM

well there is easy php its like L.A.M.P for linux but easy php is for windows it sets up apache ,php and mysql.
i use it on my personal server and it took me less than 10 min to set it all up :)

RE: Getting FTP, PHP and MYSQL running on my server by .blade// on 09-10-2004 at 04:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
well there is easy php its like L.A.M.P for linux but easy php is for windows it sets up apache ,php and mysql.
i use it on my personal server and it took me less than 10 min to set it all up :)

:banana: thanks
RE: Getting FTP, PHP and MYSQL running on my server by Banks on 09-10-2004 at 07:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
xampp comes with filezilla :P
RE: Getting FTP, PHP and MYSQL running on my server by jren207 on 09-10-2004 at 07:46 PM

Setting up MySQL on windows is easy when you do it manually. All you do is download the installer. Run it. Open a cmd window, type C:\mysql\bin\mysqld --install the press enter. Restart your computer then run the admin tool in C:\mysql\bin\ enter a username and pass click ok and it makes the my.ini file. Then it's ready to go :P