Shoutbox

Idea: Messenger saying; "[custom name] has come online". - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Idea: Messenger saying; "[custom name] has come online". (/showthread.php?tid=31165)

Idea: Messenger saying; "[custom name] has come online". by Barisko on 09-09-2004 at 10:41 AM

Hi,

I'm somewhere in my room, I hear the famous messenger sound when somebody comes online, but who?

Maybe it is an idea to build a plug-in that uses some speech-engine (Microsoft's Win XP build in engine??) to TELL me who is coming online...!

Like this: "Barisko had come online".

and maybe as an extra: "Barisko is talking to you", when somebody sends a message.

[Note: in these examples ‘Barisko’ is the custom name set in Plus! Using the custom name to be sure the speech-engine can pronounce it and you know who comes online (this is not the case if you use the messenger screen name and somebody changes it al the time...)]

What do you people think?

Have a nice day,
Barisko

RE: Idea: Messenger saying; "[custom name] has come online". by vlio on 09-09-2004 at 12:14 PM

MsnSpeech did that, but I don't know if it still exists...

RE: Idea: Messenger saying; "[custom name] has come online". by wykis on 09-09-2004 at 06:55 PM

Try Using Text to Speech ActiveX Controls

RE: Idea: Messenger saying; "[custom name] has come online". by red3vil on 12-18-2004 at 08:43 AM

i woke up this morning with this same idea, why didn't anyone make this plugin? it can't be that hard i guess......

RE: Idea: Messenger saying; "[custom name] has come online". by John on 12-18-2004 at 08:57 AM

Yeah, that sounds like an awesome idea. :D I'd make it if I could, but I can't. :P

RE: Idea: Messenger saying; "[custom name] has come online". by gnownoskcid on 12-18-2004 at 09:52 AM

I've been using this feature for a while now. What I did is that I picked out a few contacts that I actually want to notice when they come online. Then I use Microsoft Window's "Sound Recorder" along with "control panel->Speech" and record MS Sam's voice by typing a contact's name to pronunce. I do this with all the 'special' contacts. Then, just go to Plus' preference and add the sign-in sound you recorded for each contact.

It would be nice if it is automatic though.......

RE: Idea: Messenger saying; "[custom name] has come online". by crank on 12-18-2004 at 07:48 PM

it would to bad my skills are limited to outputting texts in C++ :p

RE: Idea: Messenger saying; "[custom name] has come online". by FrozernFire on 12-19-2004 at 02:20 AM

or you can record your own voice and add it in, maybe only doing this for your more important contact