Shoutbox

hindi translation - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: hindi translation (/showthread.php?tid=31185)

hindi translation by saralk on 09-09-2004 at 08:14 PM

i can make a hindi translation, but i need to know where i can get the hindi type setting thing from

RE: hindi translation by MessEnGer on 09-11-2004 at 06:52 PM

Hey saralk after you get the type setting i'd love to help you with the translation

RE: hindi translation by azn angel on 09-12-2004 at 12:49 AM

just google for one, i have 2 in gujarti. unless u want something official which i cant help you with then

RE: hindi translation by kotik on 09-25-2004 at 01:28 AM

I could give a hand in doing the translation. Urdu/Hindi is not my mother tounge but I might still be of some help. E-mail me if u need another hand.

RE: hindi translation by John Anderton on 12-14-2004 at 03:28 PM

Hey I Would Like To Join Ya  Guyz For The Hindi Translation.
How Can I Help ???

RE: hindi translation by ipab on 12-15-2004 at 04:52 AM

do u know how to speak it?

RE: hindi translation by azn angel on 12-15-2004 at 09:44 AM

he lives in india. i think his name is karun.. ANYWAYS, this is going to be difficult

RE: hindi translation by John Anderton on 12-16-2004 at 07:54 AM

Obviously I Know To Speak Hindi Dude. I Live In India Duh !!!:shocked:

RE: hindi translation by Rubber Stamp on 12-16-2004 at 01:26 PM

i live in india, i know how to speak it, and i m willing to help you in making the translation, anyway i can. mail me if u want any help::
bloodyslap@gmail.com

RE: hindi translation by ~Ü|T®å VïØlɯ|¯~ on 12-18-2004 at 02:00 AM

Yup i kindda know couple of Indian lang as well. Althrough i aint a Indian, i have been learning Indian lang for years. I can speak and translate Hindi, Gujarathi, Tamil and Punjabi.   [Image: beer1.gif]

If you need any help in these four lang, just ask me! (Y)

PS: Tamil is my mother tongue, so i am 100% good at it compared with rest of the other three lang! :clap:

RE: hindi translation by Chrono on 12-18-2004 at 02:03 AM

you people should translate only if your mother language is hindi... So please stop posting stuff like "i know 2 words, i can help" :P

RE: hindi translation by ~Ü|T®å VïØlɯ|¯~ on 12-18-2004 at 02:16 AM

Chrono :|
How will you know about the amount of Hindi we know? :S
It's not like you have ever heard us speaking it, is it? ^o)
Anyhow you really shouldn't disencourage the people who wants to help. 8-)

Peace out Chrono ^o)

RE: hindi translation by Chrono on 12-18-2004 at 02:22 AM

Well thats basically what patchou said ^o)

And is kinda obvious, if is isnt your mother language, you will not be able to tranlate it 100% well, mainly because it isnt an easy job :P its not just translating stuff, you need the words to fit in the space you have, so many times you will have to change words and phrases a bit, and if you dont know enough, well...

There are enough people whose mother language is hindi for what i have seen, so...

RE: hindi translation by Rubber Stamp on 12-19-2004 at 10:34 AM

my mother tongue is hindi, and almost pure hindi, compared to the rest of the country...i mean ppl in india speak different kind of hindi in differnet parts..specially in the south

RE: hindi translation by Rubber Stamp on 07-27-2005 at 02:43 PM

is this translation project going on?

RE: hindi translation by CookieRevised on 07-27-2005 at 03:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Well thats basically what patchou said ^o)

And is kinda obvious, if is isnt your mother language, you will not be able to tranlate it 100% well, mainly because it isnt an easy job :P its not just translating stuff, you need the words to fit in the space you have, so many times you will have to change words and phrases a bit, and if you dont know enough, well...
And if I may add... it's not only that, but translating a computer program is much more difficult then translating a letter or whatever. You need to know every bit, every angle, every setting of the program inside out and outside in.

Plus you need to know what the actual OFFICIAL STANDARIZED technical words are for certain items in the language you're going to translate.

There are extremely many (unspoken) rules you must follow when translating a program. In a text, at school, in a letter, etc you have some freedom of word choice, in a computer program you don't! Every word, even how small it is, can change the whole meaning of the option or change/blur the perception of the user of that option.

And that is only the translating part. As Chrono said, there are also many technical issues you must follow and do. Checking available spaces, keep every name/option/term consistent, making it look good, handling the ampersands, understanding WHY certain error messages are shown instead of simply translation them literally, etc.. etc...

If you want to do a proper job (and start from scratch and never translated something like this before), you're busy every day, non-stop, for weeks to come.

(oh and dispite what many people believe, dividing the work among many people is not a good thing for the translation; there will be far too many inconsistancies, not to mention all the style changes)

Translating a computer program can absolutely NOT be compared to translating anything else.
RE: hindi translation by shine on 07-27-2005 at 10:08 PM

:lol:

Thats the exact reason why I didnt offer to translate it 3 years back :grin:

I didnt know there were so many indian connections here :wave: And regrading Hindi translation...well how many of them  would use a Hindi translation?  Even if I have it in mY own mother tongue ..I would still prefer English.

Anyway (y) for the project :wink:

BTW I'm from Kerala, Right now in Chennai, I speak/read/write Hindi..but (n) for Translation

RE: hindi translation by Rubber Stamp on 07-28-2005 at 01:39 PM

i always knw such stuff wasnt my cup of tea....but i would like a hindi trasnlation...my thought...thats it.

RE: hindi translation by John Anderton on 07-29-2005 at 06:35 AM

I would translate hindi but finding a good type set and actually
traslating it (not the traslation .... its typing) is quite tough cause
we have normal qwerty (english) keyboards so its tough :(

RE: hindi translation by Rubber Stamp on 08-07-2005 at 03:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
I would translate hindi but finding a good type set and actually
traslating it (not the traslation .... its typing) is quite tough cause
we have normal qwerty (english) keyboards so its tough :(
true....i have tried typing in hindi..took more than an hour to write my name (Rahul)