Shoutbox

HTML in messages - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: HTML in messages (/showthread.php?tid=31197)

HTML in messages by riahc4 on 09-10-2004 at 01:35 AM

This would take some work tho but itll be pretty good....

How bout implanting HTML support in messages? commands such as [ b ] and stuff like that. It would be intresting and lead way to alot more interactive and featureful messages.

RE: HTML in messages by RebelSean on 09-10-2004 at 01:42 AM

I sorta agree with that suggestion, but there is currently features that are Irc related. Ctrl+(K,B,U,T,S,O)....K for color chooser, b for bold, u for underlining, s for strike threw text...But I don't know the others..

RE: HTML in messages by M73A on 09-10-2004 at 06:21 AM

there is bb code talker....its in the stuffplug talker contest thread...it probably doesnt have all of wat u wanted but it has the forum codes such a [b]

RE: HTML in messages by user27089 on 09-10-2004 at 07:12 AM

but where can we get this talker, or is it already in the stuffplug package?

RE: HTML in messages by CookieRevised on 09-10-2004 at 07:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
but where can we get this talker, or is it already in the stuffplug package?
Did you even TRY to search for it? It came up with my first search..... No, I'm not giving the thread's link. Don't be so lazy and search. You're long enough here to know how to....
RE: HTML in messages by riahc4 on 09-10-2004 at 11:12 AM

Yea but im saying full (or at least 50%) html code

u could put background music, scrolling text ect if it was HTML. Yes not many people would use it but for those who know HTML they would to show off their l33t skillz hehe. It be a nice feature but ifs its too much time shouldnt even be considered.

RE: HTML in messages by CookieRevised on 09-10-2004 at 11:24 AM

Things like music, scrolling text, ect. are impossible... this isn't a webbrowser or a media center or whatever, this is still a chat program....

RE: HTML in messages by riahc4 on 09-12-2004 at 01:26 PM

quote:
Things like music, scrolling text, ect. are impossible

u sure? theres no way this can be done? If you got time can you explain why not? It would have been intresting and fun but if u say it cant be done then i guess not.
RE: HTML in messages by TGG on 09-12-2004 at 02:57 PM

music would be impossible or extremely difficult because with a webpage the music is embeded in it (right?) , so if you wanted it in msn then you would have to send the music with the message or it wouldn't work. Plus, it would take a while to get to the other end

Edit: bach_m, u quoted me, not riahc4

RE: HTML in messages by bach_m on 09-12-2004 at 03:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4

music would be impossible or extremely difficult because with a webpage the music is embeded in it (right?) , so if you wanted it in msn then you would have to send the music with the message or it wouldn't work. Plus, it would take a while to get to the other end

As cookie said, those things are HTML, and are part of a webpage. However, MSN Messenger Messages are not a web page. they are text, plain and simple, and those sorts of things arn;t possible.
RE: HTML in messages by Choli on 09-12-2004 at 03:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
there is bb code talker....its in the stuffplug talker contest thread...it probably doesnt have all of wat u wanted but it has the forum codes such a [b]
you don't need a talker. Just use the (!FB), (!FI) etc...
If you like more the <b>, <i> etc... tags, use the word filter feature.

About the other things (adding music, scrolling, etc...) I agree with cookie and don't like them. First: noone would use them, because to send a simple message people would have to write too much html code, Second, messenger is a program to chat, not to dessign a web page with lots of features :P