Shoutbox

To long to boot? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: To long to boot? (/showthread.php?tid=31198)

To long to boot? by The_Thief on 09-10-2004 at 02:34 AM

Why does it take so long to boot messenger plus on bootup of a PIII 450 PC?

RE: To long to boot? by Patchou on 09-10-2004 at 05:18 AM

What do you mean by that? The msgplus.exe just takes a few milliseconds to do what it has to do, then, it stays idle for all the rest of its life :).

RE: To long to boot? by Pyroteq on 09-11-2004 at 03:56 AM

Type msconfig into run and go to the startup tab you probly have alot of other programs and processes starting, My computer takes a long time on a P4 Celeron D but i have things like norton av and norton is loading and their resource hogs.

RE: To long to boot? by lopardo on 09-11-2004 at 10:18 AM

Autoruns will give you a more comprehensive list of what's executing at startup.

RE: To long to boot? by Millenium_edition on 09-11-2004 at 10:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
What do you mean by that? The msgplus.exe just takes a few milliseconds to do what it has to do, then, it stays idle for all the rest of its life :).
untrue, on old systems it slows down a lot :-/ my pc, the p3 500 mhz one, had like 64 mb of ram and it lagged because of plus. and yes it was CLEAN.
RE: To long to boot? by Choli on 09-11-2004 at 11:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
untrue, on old systems it slows down a lot :-/ my pc, the p3 500 mhz one, had like 64 mb of ram and it lagged because of plus. and yes it was CLEAN.
what patchou says is true. msgplus.exe has only to set a courple of hooks and read a few registry entries. nothing more. I don't notice any boot speed drecrease in my P-II 266 MHz
RE: To long to boot? by lopardo on 09-11-2004 at 06:37 PM

I agree with Choli, a friend of mine has a PII 350 MHz with Windows XP and Plus doesn't make it take longer at startup...
Please check what other stuff is running at startup with Autoruns.