Shoutbox

Installing MsgPlus from a command line. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Installing MsgPlus from a command line. (/showthread.php?tid=31216)

Installing MsgPlus from a command line. by rompom7 on 09-10-2004 at 01:09 PM

For my unattended XP installation (more information at http://unattended.msfn.com) I have windows XP being installed silently from a command script using this code

code:
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\Messenger\Plus.exe /SilentInstallNoSponsor
But I get an error saying the file doesn't exist, when I go and check it does.

I heard that you couldn't rename the file... Could that be it? If so what should I rename it back to?
RE: Installing MsgPlus from a command line. by Tochjo on 09-10-2004 at 01:12 PM

There have been people mentioning this; I believe Messenger Plus! 3.01.94 Installation Error is related to this problem :)

RE: Installing MsgPlus from a command line. by CookieRevised on 09-10-2004 at 01:21 PM

aha, thx Tochjo for the link... that also explains why I haven't any problems when I rename the installer(s)....

RE: Installing MsgPlus from a command line. by Patchou on 09-10-2004 at 04:02 PM

The msgplus.exe problem has been fixed in version 3.10, however, the problem of rompom7 is different.

My guess is that you should simply enclose the program path in quotes. Exemple:
"%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\Messenger\Plus.exe" /SilentInstallNoSponsor

RE: Installing MsgPlus from a command line. by rompom7 on 09-11-2004 at 01:15 PM

Yep it worked. Thanks

RE: RE: Installing MsgPlus from a command line. by Sanjay on 09-18-2004 at 08:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
The msgplus.exe problem has been fixed in version 3.10, however, the problem of rompom7 is different.

My guess is that you should simply enclose the program path in quotes. Exemple:
"%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\Messenger\Plus.exe" /SilentInstallNoSponsor

Personally I have no problem installing even without the quotes.
This is what I use: start /wait %systemdrive%\install\MsgPlus\MsgPlusSetup.exe /SilentInstallNoSponsor
RE: Installing MsgPlus from a command line. by CookieRevised on 09-19-2004 at 12:54 AM

That's because you don't use the commandline directly, but you use the "start"-program instead, and the filename as parameter...