Shoutbox

No user names only emails - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: No user names only emails (/showthread.php?tid=31238)

No user names only emails by Yoatzin on 09-10-2004 at 11:39 PM

i recently installed the newest Plus for my msn messenger and ever since i have only been able to see emails of people and not the screen names.
i tryed to unistall and re-install both the new 6.2 messenger and the new plus, i went into clean up contacts and it says it should b displaying the screen names and i can view the names in the box.
if anyone can help id most apreciate it, i hope its not jus my crap-ass comp!!

RE: No user names only emails by RebelSean on 09-10-2004 at 11:41 PM

Its in  Msn Messenger>Manage Contacts>View Contacts By> Display name...Hope this helps :).

RE: No user names only emails by Chrono on 09-10-2004 at 11:41 PM

in ur contact list go to Contacts > manage contacts > View contacts by > nickname

RE: No user names only emails by Yoatzin on 09-10-2004 at 11:46 PM

i jus reinstalled Plus i had downloaded it from a third party site and some funky things were happening, thanx anyway

RE: No user names only emails by RebelSean on 09-10-2004 at 11:52 PM

You realy shouldn't use any plus version that is not on the official site. It may contain things that shouldn't be there. I strongly recomend you get it from www.msgplus.net  :)

RE: No user names only emails by Chrono on 09-11-2004 at 12:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
You realy shouldn't use any plus version that is not on the official site. It may contain things that shouldn't be there. I strongly recomend you get it from www.msgplus.net   
thats not a good suggestion at all :dodgy:
well its true that if u download Plus! from msgplus.net, u shouldnt have any problem, but still its kinda stupid to say that he shouldnt try to download it from somewhere else.

quote:
Originally posted by AndreY
hey chrono why did you delete my post ?
sean answered it already, you can delete yours too actually..
i firstly deleted only urs cause seans's post contaned incomplete information :P i gave the complete info so ur post was unnecesary.
Now that sean edited his post i guess ill have to delete mine too... just gimmie a minute, i think i got adware and that post made me notice it, so im kinda testing with it :dodgy:

RE: No user names only emails by Patchou on 09-11-2004 at 04:43 PM

Note about downloads: I just spent a lot of money to protect my dear users for a code signing certificate :gfdrin:. Hopefully, I'll get it before the release of version 3.10 and with that, I'm pretty sure everyone will feel more secure :).