Shoutbox

idea: threads per day - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: idea: threads per day (/showthread.php?tid=31366)

idea: threads per day by user27089 on 09-11-2004 at 08:30 PM

as there is some guy on the forum posting a lot of stupid threads, I think that it would be reliable to place a so many threads per day/hour whatever :-/ I think that if this is placed, spam would reduce quite a bit.... so..  it would be just like the shoutbox where it has the flood detection to it :) :p so would this be able to be placed :)

RE: idea: threads per day by marissa on 09-11-2004 at 08:35 PM

then you cant help people if you've used up your posts.

RE: idea: threads per day by user27089 on 09-11-2004 at 08:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
as there is some guy on the forum posting a lot of stupid threads, I think that it would be reliable to place a so many threads per day/hour whatever :-/ I think that if this is placed, spam would reduce quite a bit.... so..  it would be just like the shoutbox where it has the flood detection to it :) :p so would this be able to be placed :)

¬_¬

RE: idea: threads per day by Choli on 09-11-2004 at 08:51 PM

Actually there is a limit: People (except mods and admins) can't post more than 100 posts/day. I think that the number is good because there may be days where some members needs to post such big amount of posts.

* Choli remembers the day that Plus! 3 was released. He made 70+ posts and WDZ told him about the post limit :refuck:

RE: idea: threads per day by user27089 on 09-11-2004 at 08:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
Actually there is a limit: People (except mods and admins) can't post more than 100 posts/day. I think that the number is good because there may be days where some members needs to post such big amount of posts.

* Choli remembers the day that Plus! 3 was released. He made 70+ posts and WDZ told him about the post limit :refuck:
I SAID A LIMIT TO THE AMOUNT OF THREADS THAT YOU MAKE ... :banana: not the amount of threads that you post in....

RE: idea: threads per day by Choli on 09-11-2004 at 09:01 PM

quote:
quote:

I SAID A LIMIT TO THE AMOUNT OF THREADS THAT YOU MAKE ... :banana: not the amount of threads that you post in....
no need to use capitals... :mipdodgy:

wheres the point in having a limit in threads? Anyway, in fact there's already one: no more than 100 thredas/day. Spam is not only making stupid threads but also stupid posts. You won't stop a spammer if you limit the number of threads. In fact, IMO, spammers use to reply to existent threads more than making new ones.
RE: idea: threads per day by user27089 on 09-11-2004 at 09:05 PM

quote:
spammers use to reply to existent threads more than making new ones.
and this was just overruled... i'm sure  someone else will do it ...
RE: idea: threads per day by KeyStorm on 09-11-2004 at 09:06 PM

Limiting threads could cause off-topic posts. Think about it ;)
But well, if the number of threads is high enough no one should care, but lamers could still be just as annoying.

Edit: I would rather make a rule like "only 1 new thread per member each 15 minutes" Wich would make sense for general use, and would avoid thread-flooding.

RE: idea: threads per day by user27089 on 09-11-2004 at 09:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Limiting threads could cause off-topic posts. Think about it ;)
But well, if the number of threads is high enough no one should care, but lamers could still be just as annoying.

Edit: I would rather make a rule like "only 1 new thread per member each 15 minutes" Wich would make sense for general use, and would avoid thread-flooding.
thats much better actually :) do you mind if i edit the first post and say, keystorms idea: :banana:
RE: idea: threads per day by WDZ on 09-12-2004 at 12:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
Read the thread. ^o)

quote:
wheres the point in having a limit in threads? Anyway, in fact there's already one: no more than 100 thredas/day.
I think 100 new threads in one day would be much more annoying than 100 posts in one day. As soon as I found out someone posted 50 threads today, I coded a limit so it will never happen again. :)

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Limiting threads could cause off-topic posts. Think about it
There is absolutely no reason why someone would need to make more than 10/15 threads in one day other than spamming. Think about that. :s
RE: idea: threads per day by Pyroteq on 09-12-2004 at 09:33 AM

I dont think so because what if its important, and who wants to spam threads anyway you just spam inside the existing threads and thats what mods are for..

RE: idea: threads per day by KeyStorm on 09-12-2004 at 12:39 PM

quote:
thats much better actually :) do you mind if i edit the first post and say, keystorms idea: :banana:

Yeah, yeah, no problem. :P

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
There is absolutely no reason why someone would need to make more than 10/15 threads in one day other than spamming. Think about that.

I didn't mention any limit because it could be a lower one, say 5. With 5 It could be needed to open more threads and not being able to, so you post your problem somewhere else.
RE: idea: threads per day by Chrono on 09-12-2004 at 10:34 PM

so whats the limit? 10? :banana: