Shoutbox

Emoticons help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Emoticons help (/showthread.php?tid=31374)

Emoticons help by Aquarius on 09-12-2004 at 12:16 AM

My emoticons stopped animating. Did i touch something by accident?

RE: Emoticons help by chris on 09-12-2004 at 12:19 AM

Do you mean in msn messenger? If you imported a animated picture to a custome emoticon it will just keep the first frame and it wont be animated because Msn Messenger doesnt support Custome emoticons. If you want animated ones get "Smiley Central" i think you can import your own pictures and they can be animated but both poeple have to have the program otherwise the other person will only see a bunch of text

RE: Emoticons help by Aquarius on 09-12-2004 at 12:21 AM

in msn messenger. like the <:O), and :'(, and *-)

RE: Emoticons help by michael_m91 on 09-12-2004 at 12:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Aquarius
My emoticons stopped animating. Did i touch something by accident?

Things like 8-) somtimes stop for a while and start again and somtimes for no reason they don't.

Close the conversation, Restart MSN Messenger(this means right clicking the icon in the system tray and selecting Exit). And try again, does it animate now?
RE: Emoticons help by Aquarius on 09-12-2004 at 01:53 AM

nope still the same thing. and now i when i use ( to open up the menu board nothing happens

RE: Emoticons help by marissa on 09-12-2004 at 03:52 AM

to be honest...it sounds like you're using windows messenger. but since you said it was msn messenger...
Plus>preferences> message helpers> quick icons. are those boxes checked? [for the ( thing]

Im not sure about the animation thing. is it only on msn? or can you see them on these forums moving correctly? Animations stopped working for me, then i restarted my pc and they worked again

RE: Emoticons help by Eljay on 09-12-2004 at 07:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chris
get "Smiley Central"
DO NOT GET SMILEY CENTRAL!!

RE: Emoticons help by Tochjo on 09-12-2004 at 09:21 AM

What leejeffery meant, was that there are known problems with SmileyCentral and Messenger Plus!. Also, some people report it as being spyware, although I tend to disagree; it will add a toolbar to Internet Explorer, however (as you can read in their license agreement). :)

RE: Emoticons help by FrozernFire on 09-12-2004 at 11:51 AM

restart ur comp. i i don't like smily central. screws up my msn.