Shoutbox

New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released (/showthread.php?tid=31384)

New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by lopardo on 09-12-2004 at 02:22 AM

Hi. I've made a new plugin called "Ultimate Messenger Lock" to fix this.

quote:
Ultimate Messenger Lock is a plugin for  Messenger Plus! that allows you to hide Messenger's tray icon when you use the Messenger Lock feature from  Messenger Plus!

Screenshot:
[Image: umlconfig.png]

Download here

Hope you like it :)
RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by Orkblutt on 09-12-2004 at 02:55 AM

I don't try it, but really usefull at work... to hide msn to your boss... but isn't already implemented in MsgPlus with "boss protection" ?
ahh ok... just understanding ... remplacing the tray icone, choosed in boss protection , by nothing... :)
Yep that's usefull! (useless for me... have a nice boss ;))
good job guy!

RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by andrey on 09-12-2004 at 03:18 AM

Thanks for that plugin lopardo ! :D
That's really useful for me since i'm not allowed to use messenger at school 8-)
But: I found a bug...:
I set both shortcuts to: ctrl + shift + left arrow and it produced a stack overflow and I had to restart my computer
[Image: attachment.php?pid=305849]

RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by lopardo on 09-12-2004 at 03:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Orkblutt
I don't try it, but really usefull at work... to hide msn to your boss... but isn't already implemented in MsgPlus with "boss protection" ?
ahh ok... just understanding ... remplacing the tray icone, choosed in boss protection , by nothing... :)
Yep that's usefull! (useless for me... have a nice boss ;))
good job guy!
Messenger Plus! Lock feature or boss protection don't hide the tray icon.

quote:
Originally posted by AndreY
Thanks for that plugin lopardo ! :D
That's really useful for me since i'm not allowed to use messenger at school 8-)
But: I found a bug...:
I set both shortcuts to: ctrl + shift + left arrow and it produced a stack overflow and I had to restart my computer
[Image: attachment.php?pid=305849]
Wow, that's not nice... What's your Windows, Messenger and Plus version? Does it always happen? How can you reproduce it? Thanks. :)
RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by andrey on 09-12-2004 at 03:51 AM

Windows Version: Windows 98, 4.10.2222
Messenger Client Version: 6.2.0137
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.01.0094

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
Does it always happen?
Yes. Always when I put both shortcuts to ctrl+shift+left arrow / right arrow (haven't tested other combinations jet)
quote:
How can you reproduce it?
Go to "Ultimate Messenger Lock plugin configuration"window (wow, what a name :rolleyes:), tick the two Boxes, set both shortcuts to ctrl+shift+left arrow, click ok, close the  Messenger Plus! Preferences window and then press the shortcut.
RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by lopardo on 09-12-2004 at 03:56 AM

Thanks for reporting, I'll take a look to it when I get home.

RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by matty on 09-12-2004 at 05:51 AM

quote:
Thanks for reporting, I'll take a look to it when I get home.
Bug: (Ultimate Lock)
For instance you have either your Contact List or an IM window open and you press the key combination for the UM Lock and the windows stay visible just the icon is hidden.

If you use Boss Protection you cannot use the key combination for UML because the plugins dont respond.
RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by lopardo on 09-12-2004 at 05:55 AM

Messenger Plus! Lock shortcut is failing, check if that shortcut works fine, if that's the problem, select another shortcut (the two shortcuts have to be different, like in the screenshot).

RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by matty on 09-12-2004 at 06:02 AM

quote:
Messenger Plus! Lock shortcut is failing, check if that shortcut works fine, if that's the problem, select another shortcut (the two shortcuts have to be different, like in the screenshot).
Oh they are different. The first is CTRL+SHIFT+SPACE and the second is CTRL+ALT+S.

Using CTRL+ALT+Left Arrow Key (This works) (Left arrow key is switched to Num 4)
Using CTRL+ALT+0 (This works)
Using CTRL+ALT+D (Failes)
Using CTRL+Shift+End (Works) (End key is switched to Num 1)
Using CTRL+Shift+D (Works)
Using CTRL+Alt+Shift+D (Fails)

It seems that when you use Alt you cannot use any letters. This could be because of keyboard shortcuts in menus.

When having Windows show the underlined key shortcuts it still happens
(Display Properties > Appearance > Advanced > something about the alt key)
RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by EvilSeph on 09-12-2004 at 07:31 AM

Bug: Settings don't work per-account, please fix this :p

RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by Martijn. on 09-12-2004 at 08:51 AM

Nice program, although configuring could be a bit more clear I gues8-).

Apart from that: Great plugin:banana:.

RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by aNILEator on 09-12-2004 at 10:33 AM

I'm still waiting for a boss protection that can hide tabbed conversations, does this one work?

RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by matty on 09-12-2004 at 04:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
I'm still waiting for a boss protection that can hide tabbed conversations, does this one work?
If Plus! wont hide Tabbed conversations then this wont either. The program calls the Plus! feature to hide the windows and contact list then hides the icon itself. Now the reason why Plus! can't hide tabbed conversations is its not looking for that window in specific its looking for the conversation window and when it doesn't find it (because its parent window has changed) it can't hide it. Atleast I think thats the reason.
RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by RebelSean on 09-12-2004 at 04:50 PM

Awesome plugin Lopardo :d. Been lookin for something like this for some time. Awesome job done (y)!

RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by aNILEator on 09-12-2004 at 05:12 PM

thanks matty ;-), Oh found a problem I think.

I'm using Speedy MSN and when i use my configured buttons to ultimate lock messenger the icon dissapears but the contact list remains on screen until i close it.

RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by Sizzleman45 on 10-05-2004 at 09:26 PM

i HAVE A NICE BOSS DON'T NEED THIS BUT HE WOULD LIKE THIS FOR HIMSELF :d :p

RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by BlackStar on 10-06-2004 at 03:18 PM

I made by Bosskey to display an 8x8 Monochrome Empty Icon that is transparent.

Okay, there will be an empty space in the trayarea, but what the heck. It works nicely.

If you run XP you can also Hide it.

Just grab my Icon if you wanna try it or if you're to lazy to create one of your own.

RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by EvilSeph on 11-21-2004 at 02:01 AM

*pokes lopardo*

Please release an update, possibly with new features :p

RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by matty on 11-21-2004 at 02:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
*pokes lopardo*

Please release an update, possibly with new features :p
* matty slaps ES for bringing up old posts... around a bit with a large trout.

Couldn't you just of PMed him or IMed him :S
RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by lopardo on 11-21-2004 at 04:03 AM

I'm working on an update, it will fix all the problems people had as it won't rely on Plus for hiding the windows, and it will even hide tabbed IM windows. If you want something else, ask and I'll see what I can do. :-)

RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by EvilSeph on 11-22-2004 at 05:00 AM

I didn't just PM him because other people want to know the status of this useful add-on to. There's always reasoning in my actions, now shoo Matty.

RE: New plugin: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released by Chestah on 11-22-2004 at 08:57 AM

nice plugin! if you can get all the updates your doing working :P this should be included with the plus install :)