Shoutbox

Question about iPods? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Question about iPods? (/showthread.php?tid=31410)

Question about iPods? by sparkymcg on 09-12-2004 at 08:12 PM

ive just ordered an iPod and ill get it in less than 2 weeks
im just wondering can u put music on it that you download from a website or kazaa?

RE: Question about iPods? by bach_m on 09-12-2004 at 08:14 PM

absolutely. the iPod supports MP3, WAV and AAC. and Unprotected WMAs can be converted to AAC when u import them

RE: Question about iPods? by dotNorma on 09-12-2004 at 08:47 PM

Yah , IT supports MP3s that I got off of LimeWire.

But I did get a illegal mixed album of Linkin Park in one Mp3 from WinMX and when ever I tried to play it on my iPod it would skip to the next song.

RE: Question about iPods? by Jimmy on 09-13-2004 at 04:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NoName
Yah , IT supports MP3s that I got off of LimeWire.

But I did get a illegal mixed album of Linkin Park in one Mp3 from WinMX and when ever I tried to play it on my iPod it would skip to the next song.
I can't say that I understand that... I guess don't download full albums that are all compiled into one mp3. :-p
RE: Question about iPods? by wj on 09-13-2004 at 06:15 AM

Sometimes people use non-standard implimentations of the MP3 codec and that cuases it to not be playable on devices that are not as tollerant to differences in the encoding process.

Simple solution to play it on the iPod, Burn it to CD and then import it into iTunes, Sure you'll loose a little quality, but meh, It's better then it not playing at all.

RE: Question about iPods? by dom. on 09-13-2004 at 06:52 AM

I've ordered mine, should come this week. Go check out http://www.ipodlounge.com, it's a good site to help you.

RE: Question about iPods? by Pyroteq on 09-13-2004 at 10:35 AM

Yes. I have a 20GB 3rd Gen ipod that i highly reccomend (y)
It hasnt had any problems so far and all my 4000+ songs have worked fine.

If you have .WMA's (windows media player format) then iTunes will convert it to AAC format but you will loose quality.

RE: Question about iPods? by bach_m on 09-13-2004 at 10:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wj

Simple solution to play it on the iPod, Burn it to CD and then import it into iTunes, Sure you'll loose a little quality, but meh, It's better then it not playing at all.

or redownload re-rip them ;)