Shoutbox

CANT SIGN IN - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: CANT SIGN IN (/showthread.php?tid=31423)

CANT SIGN IN by ~INVASION~ on 09-12-2004 at 11:54 PM

What does it mean when u cant sign in into messenger or hotmail on the net?? my cousin is having problems with this

anyhelpp???

RE: CANT SIGN IN by RebelSean on 09-12-2004 at 11:57 PM

Can you be more specific please. Does it give any errors? Is he/she making sure he/she has put the Username typed correctly, the password is correct....:)

RE: CANT SIGN IN by ~INVASION~ on 09-13-2004 at 05:32 AM

i think they got hacked:P but there is an error msg 0x818389492 somethin like that im sure u know what it is and they cant even go to www.hotmail.com and sign in :S and thats like 5 ppl accounts on that comp that cant

RE: CANT SIGN IN by RaceProUK on 09-13-2004 at 07:36 AM

If they can sign in on another machine, then it's the computer that's causing the problems. If this is the case, clear Temporary Internet Files (including all offline content) and remove all cookies. Then, try again.

RE: CANT SIGN IN by find_your_spot on 09-13-2004 at 10:39 AM

i got the same problem, but than because i have installed windows xp sp2. The firewall of SP2 blocked MSN Messenger, Windows Messenger, Yahoo, ICQ and Miranda

RE: CANT SIGN IN by FrozernFire on 09-13-2004 at 12:50 PM

lol that windows xp sp2 seems stupid. the creators didn't even think of unblocking their own company's programs.
and i think the problem of not being able to sign in should be gone in one or 2 days unless it is caused by the computer

RE: CANT SIGN IN by RaceProUK on 09-13-2004 at 02:05 PM

SP2 didn't block my MSN Messenger. In fact, it didn't even block Mozilla (though it did moan about the ChatZilla component).

RE: CANT SIGN IN by MessEnGer on 09-13-2004 at 02:20 PM

Have you installed messenger discovery recently ??

well i had the same problem after i had installed messenger discovery (if u have it installed)

or

(i read this somewhere and also tried and it worked)

go to my computer --> C:/ -->Documents and Settings --> (your account name) --> Application Data --> Microsoft --> MSN Messenger

delete all the files in the folder and then try signing in

RE: CANT SIGN IN by FrozernFire on 09-14-2004 at 11:32 AM

oh yea. i remember messenger discovery. after i installed it, msn gets stuck on the signing in screen