Shoutbox

suggestion - universal settings - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: suggestion - universal settings (/showthread.php?tid=31433)

suggestion - universal settings by NoName1 on 09-13-2004 at 08:21 AM

The plus! settings, correct me if i'm wrong ;) , don't apply to all the users on the one computer, you have to set everyone's individually.
I thought it may be good to have universal settings on the one computer so that no matter who is logged in, the settings apply across the board. This would be useful for parental control in particular, as at the moment you have to know someone's password to change their plus! settings.

Perhaps it would be useful if universal settings were able to be toggled on or off, for those ho want different settings from other users on the same pc (like me).
I know it's waaay too late to get it included inthe next version of plus! - just a suggestion.

ps i'm liking the idea of user stats in the nxt version of plus! nice one Patchou.

RE: suggestion - universal settings by Chrono on 09-13-2004 at 09:29 AM

havent u tred the import / export feature?

quote:
Originally posted by NoName1
as at the moment you have to know someone's password to change their plus! settings.
well, if u were able to set other one's settings, it would be an invasion of their privacy (specially if u want to use it for parental control).
RE: suggestion - universal settings by Patchou on 09-13-2004 at 05:13 PM

You can copy your Preferences reg-folder in the Nobody folder. Doing so will apply those preferences by default to every new user who signs-in.