Shoutbox

Can somone make... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Can somone make... (/showthread.php?tid=31449)

Can somone make... by Waterbottle2 on 09-13-2004 at 02:53 PM

Can somone make a plugin that automaticly blocks a person if (s)he hasn't been on for 20 days or somthing?(Y)

RE: Can somone make... by RaceProUK on 09-13-2004 at 03:00 PM

While it wouldn't be too difficult, I'm not convinced on the usefulness. Of course, if you're familiar with VB or C++, you could try making it yourself... If not, someone will pick it up.

RE: Can somone make... by Waterbottle2 on 09-13-2004 at 04:26 PM

I'm not... thinking of learning VB though...

It would be very usefull for me... offering a gmail invite if somone make it for me ;-)

RE: Can somone make... by RaceProUK on 09-13-2004 at 04:49 PM

While a GMail invite is tempting, I'm happy with Hotmail. I'm also busy updating all my current plugins, and then moving onto a new, bigger project.

Like I said, someone will do it... eventually.

RE: Can somone make... by user27089 on 09-13-2004 at 04:52 PM

theres no point in this plugin at all, what if someone is sick or something, and need to talk to you after these 20 days... they might think that you just aren´t online... and if they can´t get in touch with you... and what if they are travelling, and don´t use msn for 20 days... come online to talk to you, and oh look, you´re not that, I know that you´re going to say... ´but what about phoning?´what if they can´t get reception or have ran out of credit or money... so i´m afraid i´m going to have to say...

NO!

RE: Can somone make... by riahc4 on 09-14-2004 at 02:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
While a GMail invite is tempting, I'm happy with Hotmail. I'm also busy updating all my current plugins, and then moving onto a new, bigger project.

Like I said, someone will do it... eventually.

a new bigger project? Is that Project RP or something else.......

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
theres no point in this plugin at all, what if someone is sick or something, and need to talk to you after these 20 days... they might think that you just aren´t online... and if they can´t get in touch with you... and what if they are travelling, and don´t use msn for 20 days... come online to talk to you, and oh look, you´re not that, I know that you´re going to say... ´but what about phoning?´what if they can´t get reception or have ran out of credit or money... so i´m afraid i´m going to have to say...

NO!

You dont gotta be a ass about it. Just give your reasons and say why you think this wouldnt be a good plug in.
RE: Can somone make... by RebelSean on 09-14-2004 at 02:21 AM

I think it would be a good plugin. But not for 20 days no.. I have contacts on msn that i havent talked to in a year, but I still get emails everyday. Maby the plugin with  a option for how many days before they get deleted? I would like that...Traxor YES it is a good sugestion, if you add mine with it!

RE: Can somone make... by RaceProUK on 09-14-2004 at 12:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
a new bigger project? Is that Project RP or something else.......
Yes it is Project RP. I didn't think the small text in my sig was noticeable.
RE: Can somone make... by Millenium_edition on 09-14-2004 at 02:28 PM

yet another plugin for people who do nothing but drinking beer and watching tv... i believe english people call that "lazy".

for me it's NO. :)

RE: RE: Can somone make... by Waterbottle2 on 09-14-2004 at 03:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
I think it would be a good plugin. But not for 20 days no.. I have contacts on msn that i havent talked to in a year, but I still get emails everyday. Maby the plugin with  a option for how many days before they get deleted? I would like that...Traxor YES it is a good sugestion, if you add mine with it!

:P good

quote:

NO!

What if it automaticly unblocks them if they get on?

RE: Can somone make... by CookieRevised on 09-14-2004 at 03:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Waterbottle2
ermm... what's the point in blocking them then?

RE: Can somone make... by BEWARE^^ on 09-14-2004 at 03:50 PM

quote:
What if it automaticly unblocks them if they get on

i useally dont block any person only when they are annoying

RE: Can somone make... by lhunath on 09-14-2004 at 04:07 PM

Omg.

What's the point to blocking people that don't come online anyway?

RE: Can somone make... by Waterbottle2 on 09-14-2004 at 04:14 PM

If they block you...

RE: Can somone make... by BEWARE^^ on 09-14-2004 at 04:23 PM

well in stuffplug-NG there is something that lats you know when they block you or delete you for there contactlist

RE: Can somone make... by user27089 on 09-14-2004 at 04:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WaterBottle2

Then doesn´t that defeat the object of the plugin, if they just come online and it unblocks them... whats the point in the block.. lol

RE: Can somone make... by lhunath on 09-14-2004 at 04:27 PM

quote:
If they block you...
If they block you what..? ^o)
quote:
Originally posted by BEWARE^^
well in stuffplug-NG there is something that lats you know when they block you or delete you for there contactlist
Delete, yes, block? No, that can't even be done anymore with the latest protocol.
RE: Can somone make... by BEWARE^^ on 09-14-2004 at 05:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lhunath
quote:
If they block you...
If they block you what..? ^o)
quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delete, yes, block? No, that can't even be done anymore with the latest protocol.

yes both work for me so (well for now)

and btw if im right there are addons for it to see if somebody is blocking you or deleting you
RE: Can somone make... by RaceProUK on 09-14-2004 at 07:19 PM

quote:
if im right there are addons for it to see if somebody is blocking you or deleting you
You're not.
There do exist delete detectors (that's easy to do), but block checkers do NOT work! They haven't done for months now.