Shoutbox

A Few little ideas... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: A Few little ideas... (/showthread.php?tid=31462)

A Few little ideas... by Blabj on 09-13-2004 at 06:44 PM

I have a few ideas that I thought would be pretty cool to do. Here are most of them that I can remember:
1. A plugin that tells you what your contacts are typing, so you can laugh at your freinds as they try to spell a big word and fail lots of times :P
2. A plugin that allows you to look through your freinds webcams without them knowing :P I know thats not really fair on them, but it would be funny to say "I'm watching you" and then say what they are doing, just to freak them out :P
3. An option to disable special emoticons, or something that pops up saying that your contact cant view a certain smiley, that would be handy.

Well, I can't really pay for anyone to make this, but I'll hand out a gmail invite to someone that will make one of my ideas :)

Cheers
Blabj

RE: A Few little ideas... by Millenium_edition on 09-13-2004 at 06:48 PM

the two first have been requested numerous times and had a clear answer: NO

the third one i don't understand :p could you explain a bit more please?

RE: A Few little ideas... by user27089 on 09-13-2004 at 06:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Blabj
I have a few ideas that I thought would be pretty cool to do. Here are most of them that I can remember:
1. A plugin that tells you what your contacts are typing, so you can laugh at your freinds as they try to spell a big word and fail lots of times
Umm... thats not possible..

quote:
2. A plugin that allows you to look through your freinds webcams without them knowing  I know thats not really fair on them, but it would be funny to say "I'm watching you" and then say what they are doing, just to freak them out
invasion of privacy, and you can get sued... there is a virus that does this..
quote:
An option to disable special emoticons, or something that pops up saying that your contact cant view a certain smiley, that would be handy.
omg, you thought of something possible...
RE: A Few little ideas... by Blabj on 09-13-2004 at 06:51 PM

Ok, Well, the idea is, that people using msn for a mac or some other chatting program cant view certain smileys, So it should pop up when you press enter (return) saying that certain smileys cannot be read by the recipiant, would you like to edit your message? Which would be kinda handy, Cause peoeple always say to me, whats that smiley? whats it sposed to be?

Well, thanks anyways :)
Blabj

P.S Good job on the fast reply :)
PPS And traxor, you didnt have to be nasty...

RE: A Few little ideas... by KeyStorm on 09-13-2004 at 06:54 PM

You can't know if the user you're chatting with sits at a Mac or at a PC, so there's no way to do that. Anyway, it's really an issue that should be more relevant to MS than to us.

RE: A Few little ideas... by Millenium_edition on 09-13-2004 at 07:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
You can't know if the user you're chatting with sits at a Mac or at a PC, so there's no way to do that. Anyway, it's really an issue that should be more relevant to MS than to us.
you can know the support of emotes or not tough ;)
RE: A Few little ideas... by lhunath on 09-13-2004 at 07:42 PM

Just see if they have a display picture showing..? If so then they'll see your smileys, if I'm not mistaken?

RE: A Few little ideas... by bach_m on 09-13-2004 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition

you can know the support of emotes or not tough

no u don't.... how would you??
quote:
Originally posted by lhunath
Just see if they have a display picture showing..? If so then they'll see your smileys, if I'm not mistaken?
THere are other reasons for not having a display picture. some ppl don't want one, some ppl use Windows Messenger...
RE: A Few little ideas... by Blabj on 09-13-2004 at 07:51 PM

I'll let you know if I come up with any more AMAZING ideas :P

RE: A Few little ideas... by Millenium_edition on 09-13-2004 at 08:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m

client ID.
RE: A Few little ideas... by riahc4 on 09-14-2004 at 02:02 AM

Or if u got the handwriting plugin it'll tell u that the person you talking to cant support handwriting. They problably cant support custom smilies either.....

RE: A Few little ideas... by lhunath on 09-14-2004 at 11:46 AM

quote:
THere are other reasons for not having a display picture. some ppl don't want one, some ppl use Windows Messenger...
Sure, those and not having the person on your contact list, etc etc, all those reasons, except for the first one, which very few people do, are the same reasons as to why the other will not see your custom emoticons either, so, still quite an easy and solid solution, for being as straightforward as it is.
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
quote:

client ID.
Very good idea, but, you'd need a plugin which shows that then. =/
RE: A Few little ideas... by BEWARE^^ on 09-14-2004 at 06:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Or if u got the handwriting plugin it'll tell u that the person you talking to cant support handwriting. They problably cant support custom smilies either.....

Actually they can see the custom smileys though they cant get them from you  :P