Shoutbox

The adware (again, sorry) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: The adware (again, sorry) (/showthread.php?tid=31469)

The adware (again, sorry) by henraa on 09-13-2004 at 08:12 PM

Right, ill make this as brief and specific as possible.

I installed the plus v3... lalala.... im a retard and didnt say no to the sponser as it looks like one of those agreements that EVERYONE clicks yes to... i guess it was designed to look like that, whatever... anyway...

so i read, just uninstall plus and it will uninstall anything you have installed of the sponser... ok so i did that...

i have this:

http://mysearchnow.com/passthrough/newpass2.html

(thats a pic of what i have)

popping up EVERYTIME I OPEN internet explorer... i traced it back to your sponser... please tell me how to delete it, or edit teh registry to get it away from my computer... im really upset about this one.

please email me about it, or post ehre, ill check all the time.

RE: The adware (again, sorry) by RebelSean on 09-13-2004 at 08:33 PM

Since you have uninstaled and re-installed it already, try running Spybot search & destroy, adaware, or something along that lines...

RE: The adware (again, sorry) by wj on 09-13-2004 at 08:47 PM

Download the program "HiJack This" and use it to remove the references to mysearchnow.com

I dont believe that mysearchnow.com is related to the sponsor, but I could be wrong. I have that domain blocked via my corperate firewall so I cant check.

RE: The adware (again, sorry) by Sunshine on 09-13-2004 at 09:26 PM

On uninstallin the sponsor make sure u totally close down your internetbrowser (from systray also) that way the searchbar can be uninstalled aswell (u can't uninstall something thats in use).

I would suggest:
1. reinstall with sponsor..again yes :(
2. uninstall - this time with internetbrowser shut as i said above
3. reboot (this way all traces will be deleted)
4. reinstall without sponsor

RE: The adware (again, sorry) by Patchou on 09-14-2004 at 04:55 AM

Do not run any program other thanthe Plus! unisntaller.. just reinstall Plus! with the sponsor and unisntall it right away. A confirmation dialog box will popup, follow the instructions and voila, you're done.

RE: The adware (again, sorry) by henraa on 09-15-2004 at 06:50 PM

Hey im henraa,

thank you all for your help, ur the bomb(s)

lol laters :D