Shoutbox

SPNG: New Features or Translations? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: SPNG: New Features or Translations? (/showthread.php?tid=31520)

SPNG: New Features or Translations? by riahc4 on 09-14-2004 at 08:13 PM

Ive made this poll because i think a choice should be made if TB wants to continue dev of SPNG........We have can only one of the other NOT both. Translating would take a 95% rewrite of the code. New features are great but if more than 50% of the people dont understand and PM/IM/Email TB about stupid stuff like the key to go on then its not worth it. So the choice comes

New Features

or

Translations

PS: If your gonna vote, vote for the future of SPNG and what u think is best not because ur selfish and want new features or whatever. I think the future of SPNG would be best with translation rather than new features. Its got more than enough features already

RE: SPNG: New Features or Translations? by spokes on 09-14-2004 at 08:19 PM

dude, new features!!!

RE: SPNG: New Features or Translations? by CookieRevised on 09-14-2004 at 08:39 PM

You forgot an option: "No translation and no new features, concentrate on developping (like bugs, UI, etc...) existing features first"

RE: SPNG: New Features or Translations? by RebelSean on 09-14-2004 at 08:45 PM

I think new features....Just my 2 cents :)

RE: SPNG: New Features or Translations? by user27089 on 09-14-2004 at 09:13 PM

Nah, not new features at the moment, I think that he should concentrate more on the translation side of things, so that people from all around the world can benefit his work, that way he will be more recognised, that is when he can start adding a lot more new features, and start to build stuffplug ng to a new level.. and maybe even start to earn money.... but mostly, I say think bout translation..

RE: SPNG: New Features or Translations? by aNILEator on 09-14-2004 at 09:18 PM

gotta agree with cookie revised there, improvements!

Improvements, Bug fixes and Multi-platform/OS support should be placed onto the options list

Although I actually quite like one bug inparticular (in the tabbed convos where it does not gain focus after clicking in the message type box after you were in another window, I find this handy)

In my opinion riahc4 you seem alot more addicted to this than i ever was to the format bar intergration :-p

RE: SPNG: New Features or Translations? by BEWARE^^ on 09-14-2004 at 09:21 PM

I vote for New Features coz there are other people who can translate docs so thats my motivation for this poll
:banana:[Image: rocknana.gif]
:banana:[Image: rocknana.gif][Image: banana_freaky.gif]

RE: SPNG: New Features or Translations? by marissa on 09-14-2004 at 09:22 PM

id say translation too, and most of the reasons i share with what traxor posted.  A lot of people would be able to use it, and i dont know :D and...what other features are there actually left to make?:S i suppose you guys can think of some...but i cant :p

i think riahc4 is obsessed with TB :dodgy: hehe KIDDING (l)!

RE: SPNG: New Features or Translations? by taktikz on 09-14-2004 at 10:42 PM

gotta go wit new features.

RE: SPNG: New Features or Translations? by Chrono on 09-14-2004 at 11:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
You forgot an option: "No translation and no new features, concentrate on developping (like bugs, UI, etc...) existing features first"
i agree

i would like to see spng in other languages too anyway.
RE: SPNG: New Features or Translations? by Moo on 09-15-2004 at 12:26 AM

i voted translations (i'm available for french!)

RE: SPNG: New Features or Translations? by riahc4 on 09-15-2004 at 03:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa

i think riahc4 is obsessed with TB :dodgy: hehe KIDDING (l)!

No just his plugin.........altho i think TB thinks the same as you thats why he doesnt come on the boards that often anymore :P

Dont worry i dont bite lol

TB is gonna rewirte the code...........wow............i guess that will finally be StuffPlug-NG 1.0

*waits for the big day* TB i know its a bit early but do you have a timeframe for all this eg.
Month - Get comp running
2 Months - Start on code rewrite
4 Months - Release beta
5 Months - Release 1.00

Or do you not have it clear yet?

RE: SPNG: New Features or Translations? by riahc4 on 09-15-2004 at 03:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

Should i add that to the poll?
RE: SPNG: New Features or Translations? by Millenium_edition on 09-15-2004 at 03:54 PM

riahc4, you're sad. you're not in the SPNG team, you don't know TB, you're just doing asslicking and asking people to vote in your poll, which probably is useless.

conclusion: quick delete on your first post.

RE: SPNG: New Features or Translations? by Millenium_edition on 09-15-2004 at 04:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
riahc4, you're sad. you're not in the SPNG team, you don't know TB, you're just doing asslicking and asking people to vote in your poll, which probably is useless.

There is no SPNG team. It's just me.
I do however appreciate everyone trying to help, so he's perfectly well allowed to make such polls.
yeah okay, i apologise. but it's getting on my nerves everyone is like doing "what should we do in plus!?" and "SPNG rocks! i want that feature! you too :o ?"

if you see what I mean :dodgy:
RE: SPNG: New Features or Translations? by riahc4 on 09-15-2004 at 04:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition

I dont think im part of the SPNG team and i truly suggest you STFU because im just trying to help out and see that the future of this great plugin gets better and better. TB can listen or ignore my comments/requests/polls ect. So mind your own biz and stop bi*ching like a little 14 year old over dumb stuff.....

OOPS my bad you are 14 it seems.......never mind

RE: SPNG: New Features or Translations? by lhunath on 09-15-2004 at 04:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
and stop bi*ching like a little 14 year old over dumb stuff.....

OOPS my bad you are 14 it seems.......never mind
Now, now, forgive him his excitement over SPNG, he's right, and we need more people as enthousiastic to help out like him, I recon, as long as they don't nag. =P But let's not blame each other for "b*tching like a 14 year old" by doing the same, please.
RE: SPNG: New Features or Translations? by BEWARE^^ on 09-25-2004 at 10:22 AM

arn't there some people who can do the transelating to other languages so both still can continue;)