Shoutbox

Sorting of Contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Sorting of Contacts (/showthread.php?tid=31550)

Sorting of Contacts by Jedermann on 09-15-2004 at 12:12 PM

[color=blue]is it possible to have renamed contacts sorted by the names, not by e-mail-address?

IMHO, the sense of renaming contacts is  to keep overview when e.g. 20 ore more contacts in a group are online.

so why have them sorted by their e-mail-adresses????
i can't imagine, anybody needs that. (N)

and if yes, please tell me why *-)

thx for your support in adance and greetinx from austria

RE: Sorting of Contacts by Mnjul on 09-15-2004 at 12:53 PM

No it's not possible..in fact it's a limitation so it's unlikly to be improved :)

RE: Sorting of Contacts by CookieRevised on 09-15-2004 at 01:06 PM

Messenger does sort the list. If you choose "view by friendly names", then the list is sorted on the friendly names. If you choose "view by emails" then the list is sorted on the emails (as you correctly pointed out)

Now, Messenger Plus! uses/needs the emails of the contacts to be able to costumize them. But this means that the contactlist needs the "view by email" and thus is sorted on the emails...

IIRC:
Patchou has previously said, on this forum, that it IS possible to resort the list though, but that it isn't as easy as it seems and is in fact difficult. (Because he has to change the way the contactlist is handled) So, this would be a major change I assume, and currently he isn't focusing on "big changes"...