Shoutbox

FREE US Army FPS game o.O - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: FREE US Army FPS game o.O (/showthread.php?tid=31568)

FREE US Army FPS game o.O by .blade// on 09-15-2004 at 05:44 PM

[Image: hdr_home_t1.jpg]

Well I watched something about the progress of video games over the years the other day and they mentioned a game, paid for with US tax dollars, made and released by the US Army. It's a FPS (First Person Shooter) and it's online playable....oh ya, and it's free! o.O I am about to download and try it, if youw ant to, you can go to the link below. (You don't have to be in the US to use it). They claim it's just something to get ppl interested in the army...I have other thoughts which I won't get into...

What do you think? Is the game good? Is it a valid use of tax dollars? :-/

Screenshots HERE.
Download:
http://www.americasarmy.com/downloads/
Note: You have to find a download source from the list...
Last update: May 31, 2004

Note: This game is for Windows, MAC, and Linux :-/

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by Eljay on 09-15-2004 at 05:52 PM

i heard about this game a long time ago on Gamezville and i thought it looked good but i couldnt remember the link.
Thanks Blade ;)

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by Vilkku on 09-15-2004 at 05:54 PM

This game is pretty old. It's a good game, but after the special forces version it's just too laggy.

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by Edwandos on 09-15-2004 at 05:57 PM

Yep i think this game rox.
It doesn't necessarily get you interested in the American army. Anyway i'm from belgium and I play it, as do several other europeans, and alot of people from everywhere really.
It's really realistic and it's a really good game.  Defenitly worth trying. Especially when you're in a clan, then the game really reaches it's highest point of fun and excitement in clanwars :)

It's not old really, the army brings out updates now and then, to add new maps, weapons, trainings, bugfixes and so on. I must agree the SF maps are getting a bit laggy but with a good system it shouldn't be a problem i think. (Not that i have a good system :p)

Cya on the battlefield

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by Eljay on 09-15-2004 at 05:59 PM

all i can say is 728MB :|

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by lhunath on 09-15-2004 at 06:05 PM

Appearantly the diffrence this game makes is it's degree of realism. It does its absolute best to bring the true reality of everyday warfare life to the user. I don't play the game myself (except for a few rare times, umph, I suck at it) but appearantly, you need to do trainings first, before you are able to actually play the game. You will be required to complete trainings successfully and the excellence in which you completed them will be stored at the America's Army servers. They will decide alot about the future of your career and about how far you will be able to continue training. The more trainings you complete, the more things you unlock.
If you're looking for max realism and community spirit, this is your game.

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by wj on 09-15-2004 at 06:47 PM

[Image: old_news.jpg]

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by Eljay on 09-15-2004 at 06:51 PM

wj, stop spamming whoring :P

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by .blade// on 09-15-2004 at 06:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
[Image: old_news.jpg]

Well I know it's fairly old news, but I had never heard about it... :dodgy:
RE: RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by wj on 09-15-2004 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by leejeffery

It's only the obligitory "Old news is so exciting" image. Common, Someone had to do it, why not an post-whoring admin.
RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by Pr0xY on 09-15-2004 at 09:52 PM

quote:
all i can say is 728MB :|
well there goes that idea of downloading it. 
quote:
HEY..... copy cat :P

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by Joe on 09-15-2004 at 10:38 PM

[not]:banana:[/downloading]

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by Pipish on 09-16-2004 at 05:33 AM

wow sound really kool ill be downloading it for sure :D

EDIT: 728 megs i changes my mind :O

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by .Roy on 09-16-2004 at 07:04 AM

hmm is it a good game??? i can download it :-D i have really fast connection download speend around 200 kps... but i just wonder why.. why shoud i download this? IS IT BETTER THEN COUNTERSTRIKE?

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by Dan0208 on 09-16-2004 at 09:20 AM

hey wondering if someone could help me. I have had amercias army for about a year (maybe not this version) and it never worked on the old computer i tried it on so i wanted to uninstall it but it wont let me. I go to add/remove programs and just get an uninstall error.
Thanks

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by NyteMyre on 09-17-2004 at 12:02 PM

first off.. yeah my first post here...

second.. i have it sincd version 1.9...  We are now at 2.1
2.2 is comming out soon... i hope it less laggier

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by lhunath on 09-17-2004 at 12:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pipish
EDIT: 728 megs i changes my mind
What did you expect? It's not a 2D platform DOS game.........
RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by .Roy on 09-17-2004 at 01:59 PM

lol is it better or worse then Enemy-territory?

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by lhunath on 09-17-2004 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DangerXone
lol is it better or worse then Enemy-territory?
Des goûts et des couleurs, on ne dispute pas.
What kind of ignorant question is that anyhow?
RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by crank on 09-17-2004 at 05:10 PM

it's a good game even with that huge size...
I didn't download it again since my pc melted down a couple of months ago.

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by Dan0208 on 09-18-2004 at 08:51 AM

quote:
hey wondering if someone could help me. I have had amercias army for about a year (maybe not this version) and it never worked on the old computer i tried it on so i wanted to uninstall it but it wont let me. I go to add/remove programs and just get an uninstall error.
Thanks

Can anyone help me with this?? is there another way to manually uninstall it considering i keep getting the error when doing add/remove progs and it doesnt have an uninstall function?
RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by lhunath on 09-18-2004 at 08:52 AM

reinstall it in the same folder and then uninstall it

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by Dan0208 on 09-18-2004 at 09:32 AM

but this has happened before on the computer before it was wiped so i dont think it was just a bad install this time cos i couldnt get rid of it last time either.. any other ideas?

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by paperless on 09-24-2004 at 10:47 PM

I have it and i play since january i love the game stopped 2 months need some training now :D
My usenrame is [Negative]_.CraC.KeD or something seemed :D

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by user27089 on 09-25-2004 at 01:39 PM

I really am not going to get that game, I don't like the idea of sitting down and waiting while they're in prison, is that that game, or am I thinking of some other game that is going to come out? Good on the army for bringing out such a game, its just that.. all they want is troops, and are pretty much doing it through some little weird subliminal techniques which are quite... extraordinary for such professional people to do, unless of course they're desperate for the extra man power to use, I doubt there is a constant need for the supply of men on a battle field, unless its worse that in they say it is in iraq, and more people are dying...

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by Maniac on 09-25-2004 at 09:31 PM

Prison? what are you talking about?

I got the game but only had time to play once, its annoying that you have to do training before you can play online so i can onl play the baaasic levels....

also in training if u turn around and shoot the guy teaching you ..... you wake up in a jail cell lol :rofl:

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by user27089 on 09-25-2004 at 09:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ningc_Maniac
Prison? what are you talking about?

I got the game but only had time to play once, its annoying that you have to do training before you can play online so i can onl play the baaasic levels....

also in training if u turn around and shoot the guy teaching you ..... you wake up in a jail cell lol :rofl:
YOU WAKE UP IN A JAIL CELL! lol, thats what I mean..

I say, if the game is so great, they'd bring it out, and take orders for who wants it :p send it out to them on disc :D
RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by paperless on 09-25-2004 at 10:36 PM

The game is really gr8 is the best fps out there in my opinion UT2004 is also good but its faster less strategy etc.

You only get in jail if you kill any of your teammates more than once or in the head there are rules of engament if u barke them lot of times u get in the jail..

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by Maniac on 09-25-2004 at 11:26 PM

I wouldn't say it's the best FPS, not at all, but then again i haven't played it much so i still have to see

So far the best FPS IMO would be a close tie between MoH and Halo

RE: FREE US Army FPS game o.O by paperless on 09-25-2004 at 11:34 PM

Halo is gr8 never tried MoH but i love AAO

Im sure once u start playing for real u will see how cool aao is.
The onl thing i dont like is the text that appears when the game its loading :D.
Nice Sig btw.