Shoutbox

msgplus.net and tribal fusion atbp - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: msgplus.net and tribal fusion atbp (/showthread.php?tid=31573)

msgplus.net and tribal fusion atbp by M73A on 09-15-2004 at 09:17 PM

why is it when i goto www.msgplus.net i get a ip adress -208.185.101.176- which is known as Tribal Fusion ATBP trying to connect to my computer (around 5,000 times !?)......

It is NOT adware or spyware i have spybot and adaware. which rules out qwite a few of the spyware options.

WHY does the site do this?
            it is only msgplus.net that dus this.....

RE: msgplus.net and tribal fusion atbp by wj on 09-15-2004 at 09:42 PM

Beats me.

the only posibility I can think of is that it is something patchou's sponsor is doing or it is a hidden peice of ad-ware/spy-ware/viri on your computer that is being triggered by the connection to msgplus.net

RE: msgplus.net and tribal fusion atbp by matty on 09-16-2004 at 01:55 AM

If you are running on Windows 2000/XP/2k3 you can check this.

Copy the following into the run command
Windows 2k

code:
notepad c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Windows XP/2k3
code:
notepad c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

The last line you should see should be 127.0.0.1 localhost.

If it isn't I suggest removing everything else unless you are on an internal network that uses a proxy to access specific websites.
RE: msgplus.net and tribal fusion atbp by M73A on 09-16-2004 at 02:56 PM

ive done the run command and the local host comes up with 127.0.0.1 as u said it should....what else could this be?

is anyone else having this problem?

i only fond tribal fusion trying to connect when i checked my peer guardian - www.methlabs.org (site was down not sure if back up yet...)

thanks.....

RE: msgplus.net and tribal fusion atbp by Patchou on 09-16-2004 at 09:26 PM

Errr... I don't see what's the mistery here.... TribalFusion if the ad provider I use on msgplus.net. They are the one who display the banner on top of the page as well as the popup.

TribalFusion doesn't try to connect on your computer 5,000 times, they just display a banner on my site, there's no more interaction than that. As a side note, I would suggest you to be a little less paranoid and stop monitoring this kind of things, i's not worth the tiem you put in it :)