Shoutbox

Wierd...After receiving a file... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Wierd...After receiving a file... (/showthread.php?tid=31574)

Wierd...After receiving a file... by RebelSean on 09-15-2004 at 09:42 PM

Okay for some time, I thought it was just my computer messin up well today I found out that my friends are even having this problem...When I receive a file from someone my msn messenger freezes, and it pops up that it has encountered a problem and needs to restart...It gived me a option to debug, I click that and then it does nothing....It has send error report, and I click send and it does nothing....And it has don't send...I always click debug first, but nothing happens....I have re-installed Msn Messenger 2 times..Rebooting after each and then reinstalling, then rebooting and it still happenes....I reinstalled Messenger Plus!, cause that was the only other thing I could think of. Does anyone know what is cousing this? Is anyone else having this problem? Any help is aprieciated!

RE: Wierd...After receiving a file... by Pr0xY on 09-17-2004 at 12:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
Okay for some time, I thought it was just my computer messin up well today I found out that my friends are even having this problem...When I receive a file from someone my msn messenger freezes, and it pops up that it has encountered a problem and needs to restart...It gived me a option to debug, I click that and then it does nothing....It has send error report, and I click send and it does nothing....And it has don't send...I always click debug first, but nothing happens....I have re-installed Msn Messenger 2 times..Rebooting after each and then reinstalling, then rebooting and it still happenes....I reinstalled Messenger Plus!, cause that was the only other thing I could think of. Does anyone know what is cousing this? Is anyone else having this problem? Any help is aprieciated!
Sean the same thing happened to me a while back.  What I did was uninstall Messenger Plus, then Uninstall Msn messenger.  Restarted the computer, then installed msn messenger and plus again, and it fixed the problem.  Hope it works for you...

RE: Wierd...After receiving a file... by RebelSean on 09-17-2004 at 01:13 PM

That still didn't fix it...[Image: xso_huh.gif]

RE: Wierd...After receiving a file... by lhunath on 09-17-2004 at 02:36 PM

quote:
That still didn't fix it...[Image: xso_huh.gif]
Tried removing or disabling all plugins?
Tried without having Messenger Plus! running?
Tried without any other program affecting MSN Messenger in any way running, like proxies etc?
Tried cleaning out the running processes down to an absolute minimum and then transfering?

Good luck.
RE: Wierd...After receiving a file... by RebelSean on 09-17-2004 at 06:23 PM

1. No
2. Yes
3. I dont know what a proxie is, so I dont use it..
4. I dont have my firewall ect. on when I send somethign. I always turn it off before I send somethign..

RE: Wierd...After receiving a file... by lhunath on 09-17-2004 at 06:54 PM

4. Not just firewalls, lots of programs can possibly interfere with it, for example, but not limited to, spyware.

RE: Wierd...After receiving a file... by RebelSean on 09-17-2004 at 08:25 PM

My machine doesn't have spyware, well thats what 4 spyware/adaware programs say...My computer scans as bootup for spyware...So I don't think it could be that :p

RE: Wierd...After receiving a file... by saralk on 09-17-2004 at 08:28 PM

quote:

sometine like messenger discovery

RE: Wierd...After receiving a file... by RebelSean on 09-17-2004 at 08:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
quote:

sometine like messenger discovery

That I don't use...:dodgy:
RE: Wierd...After receiving a file... by lhunath on 09-17-2004 at 08:33 PM

quote:
My machine doesn't have spyware, well thats what 4 spyware/adaware programs say...My computer scans as bootup for spyware...So I don't think it could be that :p
quote:
Originally posted by lhunath
for example, but not limited to, spyware.
Worth trying the step? =P Just in case?
Is your problem solved already btw?
RE: Wierd...After receiving a file... by RebelSean on 09-17-2004 at 08:34 PM

No because I wouldn't be replieing to yalls post :rolleyes:

RE: Wierd...After receiving a file... by marissa on 09-17-2004 at 08:40 PM

quote:
well thats what 4 spyware/adaware programs say...

i dunno if its the same with spyware/adware scanners, but  virus scanners interfere with each other if you have more than one, so maybe you could be missing some stuff...not that i think its spyware :\ hm, my msn used to do thattoo, didnt bother me...but i just waited for awhile...
RE: Wierd...After receiving a file... by RebelSean on 09-17-2004 at 08:47 PM

I have one virus scanner, that don't run unless I click on it from my start menue/programs section..... And now it dont do it for some reason, BUT only if I send a big file,,,like lets say 3 megs, I can send that and not it coming up that has encountered a problem and neeeds to restart..But if I send small files like small images ect it does it...wierd :-/

RE: Wierd...After receiving a file... by marissa on 09-17-2004 at 08:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
i dunno if its the same with spyware/adware scanners

maybe your 7 year old computer cant handle recieving the files, and putting them in your folders:p... just a guess.
RE: Wierd...After receiving a file... by RebelSean on 09-17-2004 at 08:52 PM

quote:
quote:
i dunno if its the same with [b]spyware/adware scanners[b]

maybe your 7 year old computer cant handle recieving the files, and putting them in your folders:p... just a guess.

:dodgy:...Not just me other people have the problem too....So can't just be MY computer...Has to be somethign to do with software or something :s
RE: Wierd...After receiving a file... by lopardo on 09-17-2004 at 09:06 PM

Tried a clean reinstall?