Shoutbox

Suggestion - Personalised Status In Conversation - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion - Personalised Status In Conversation (/showthread.php?tid=31581)

Suggestion - Personalised Status In Conversation by michael_m91 on 09-16-2004 at 01:27 AM

First I wan't to let you know I searched the froum for, Personalised Status, and didn't find this.

I think that in a conversation if you type /away the personalised status window should appear.
;)

RE: Suggestion - Personalised Status In Conversation by matty on 09-16-2004 at 01:29 AM

No it shouldn't because /away and /online and /block are all Quick Texts, therefore when you are quickly setting your status its assumed you dont have time to set a personal status thus no window.

RE: Suggestion - Personalised Status In Conversation by Chrono on 09-16-2004 at 01:31 AM

well, if u write /away <message> , u can make automagically an auto-message, and if u type /naway <status> , u can set a perso status too :)

(these are only examples, u can use /nbusy , /nbrb, etc ;)

RE: Suggestion - Personalised Status In Conversation by michael_m91 on 09-16-2004 at 01:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
well, if u write /away <message> , u can make automagically an auto-message, and if u type /naway <status> , u can set a perso status too :)

(these are only examples, u can use /nbusy , /nbrb, etc ;)

Well if its asumed you dont have time then it'll be like the normal window, it counts down so if you don't have time you leave it. But some people like me have time but think its easier to type /away then to click away in Messenger. And thats why i would like there to be a Addition that pops up this window
RE: Suggestion - Personalised Status In Conversation by RaceProUK on 09-20-2004 at 09:04 AM

This is actually quite a good idea, and one that I would use, as I can never remember which shortcut I use for which status.

RE: Suggestion - Personalised Status In Conversation by Chestah on 09-20-2004 at 09:09 AM

yeah i actually do thta quite alot, type /away and go arhh it doesn't come up /online and then i have to open my contact list and do it that way :S
good idea!
Chestah

RE: RE: Suggestion - Personalised Status In Conversation by timmie_loots on 09-20-2004 at 10:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah007
yeah i actually do thta quite alot, type /away and go arhh it doesn't come up /online and then i have to open my contact list and do it that way :S
good idea!
Chestah

Why open your contact list?
Right click on the Messenger icon works too ;-)
RE: RE: Suggestion - Personalised Status In Conversation by michael_m91 on 09-20-2004 at 12:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah007
good idea!
Chestah

What the hell? What are you talking about? I don't see how that would work at all.
RE: Suggestion - Personalised Status In Conversation by CookieRevised on 09-20-2004 at 12:50 PM

ermm, michael_m91... Chestah007 just explained why he supports your idea.

He always has the reflex to type /away in a conversation, but since that doesn't popup the personal away status window, he has to set his status back with /online, then going to the contactlist and there selecting "Away" from the menu to invoke the personal away status window.

RE: Suggestion - Personalised Status In Conversation by Mnjul on 09-20-2004 at 12:56 PM

I just don't know, why not use /persostat? :)

RE: Suggestion - Personalised Status In Conversation by michael_m91 on 09-20-2004 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
ermm, michael_m91... Chestah007 just explained why he supports your idea.

He always has the reflex to type /away in a conversation, but since that doesn't popup the personal away status window, he has to set his status back with /online, then going to the contactlist and there selecting "Away" from the menu to invoke the personal away status window.

Oh lol, yeah... I just woke up.

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
I just don't know, why not use /persostat? :)
Because Persostat doesn't open a window, you already half to know the number of the status your setting it to.

RE: Suggestion - Personalised Status In Conversation by CookieRevised on 09-20-2004 at 01:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by michael_m91
Because Persostat doesn't open a window, you already half to know the number of the status your setting it to.
ermm no, ... /persostat without any parameter will show you the window ;)

And if you find /persostat to difficult to remember then set a QuickText. You can even overwrite the /away command with this ;):

QuickText: /persostat
Alias: /away

et voila... done....

(PS: hmmm, /persostat doesn't show up in the command help window)
RE: Suggestion - Personalised Status In Conversation by michael_m91 on 09-20-2004 at 10:52 PM

Sweet!!! I didn't know that you could type just /persostat nor did i know you could use /away as the alias