Shoutbox

Events - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Events (/showthread.php?tid=31588)

Events by michael_m91 on 09-16-2004 at 06:34 AM

I know this has already been said but I think it would be cool for Messenger Plus to have On Event Programming for a user.

I know theres already the Contact Events (Popup On Away or w/e) But I'm Thinking a little window, This window you can program in Visual MsgPlus lol.

Eg. (Text In window)

code:
Event = Contact.changename "contact@hotmail.com"
    Me.CurrentStatus.AppearOffline
End Event

Event = Contact.signin ANY
    CurrentContact.OpenMsg(msgtext)
End Event

Basically it's like normal programming but users for Messenger Plus can learn to use it quickly.

Also on the second Event, It says CurrentContact, you may think that it would be "ANY" because thats what the event is. But If you think about it the event just finds out if any contact has just signed in, but Inside of that If you told it to send a command to ANY, then it wouldn't know what contact to send it to. So CurrentContact is options for the contact that you were talking about last(Must be part of the current event).
RE: Events by Patchou on 09-16-2004 at 07:32 AM

Well, you can already do that in plugins. I've recently included a sample in C++ that demonstrates theuse of events and I'm currently doign the same for VB :)

RE: Events by michael_m91 on 09-16-2004 at 01:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Well, you can already do that in plugins. I've recently included a sample in C++ that demonstrates theuse of events and I'm currently doign the same for VB :)

Sweet, Can't wait for the VB one