Shoutbox

suggestions for next msgplus? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: suggestions for next msgplus? (/showthread.php?tid=31614)

suggestions for next msgplus? by punk_rebel on 09-16-2004 at 08:07 PM

Wondering if the nest msgplus could have a feature to change background color of text and make it stay that way...?

Feature to appear offline when signing in?

Maybe the colored nicknames again?

i dont know, just suggestions, thanks

RE: suggestions for next msgplus? by RebelSean on 09-16-2004 at 08:13 PM

Appearing Offline Signing In- No...Somehting to do with the way the protocole thingy works...

Still can use color nicknames, in a conversation type /nick then hit CTRL K and pick the color and type your name....

Also this should be in MsgPlus General Talk...

RE: suggestions for next msgplus? by Tochjo on 09-16-2004 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by punk_rebel
Maybe the colored nicknames again?
You can do this already: please read http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=28893 :)

quote:
Feature to appear offline when signing in?
Maybe CookieRevised's reply to how to sign in on appear offline? will help you :)
RE: suggestions for next msgplus? by punk_rebel on 09-16-2004 at 08:26 PM

how about alternating colors on text syaying permenant...

RE: suggestions for next msgplus? by ceramic_spider on 09-17-2004 at 02:07 PM

quote:
how about alternating colors on text syaying permenant...
If you talked to people without msgplus with backcolor on text it would be very annoying for them
RE: suggestions for next msgplus? by Master_Cyril on 09-17-2004 at 03:01 PM

My suggestion for the next msgplus would be: In the unaltered version of messenger is an option to see those contacts who've added you to their list. I wonder if this could be incorporated into the msgplus' "contact list cleanup" somehow. I know it would help me in deciding who to remove from my list.

RE: suggestions for next msgplus? by lhunath on 09-17-2004 at 03:03 PM

All your contacts have added you to their list...

RE: suggestions for next msgplus? by aNILEator on 09-17-2004 at 03:05 PM

appear ofline can be achieved via MSN Proxy, A very useful tool.

MSN Proxy can be found here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/msnproxy/

It Configures your proxy settings to access messenger for you, from the program you can choose which status you would like to have and some other plugins

Also this can be used with lopardos, Apploader
(which is another brilliant tool!)

Apploader and other tools can be found here
http://360software.dakotabcn.net/

hope this clears up this forever!

*EDIT*

To check your contacts, and possibly speed up msn messenger you can use norooms list cleaner

Norooms list cleaner can be found here
http://www.mess.be/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=download&id=506

this tool checks Your and Your contacts 'contact lists' to see if they/you are on them, it also presents you with the option of removing the certain people from your contact list who do not appear in your contact list are in your block list or you are not in their list :)

RE: suggestions for next msgplus? by CookieRevised on 09-17-2004 at 04:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lhunath
No they aren't... you can have contacts in your list which haven't added you/or deleted you...

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
Have you tried to click the link that Tochjo gave in his post yesterday? :rolleyes: It lists ALL the possebilites which exist to sign in offline. So, no, yours doesn't clears things up....
RE: suggestions for next msgplus? by lhunath on 09-17-2004 at 04:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
No they aren't... you can have contacts in your list which haven't added you...
He's talking about the allowlist, and, unless if you use special programs, you cannot remove people from the allow list, and when you add somebody, that means the other person will either have you on his allow list, or his blocklist...
RE: suggestions for next msgplus? by aNILEator on 09-17-2004 at 05:01 PM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
Have you tried to click the link that Tochjo gave in his post yesterday? :rolleyes: It lists ALL the possebilites which exist to sign in offline. So, no, yours doesn't clears things up....

Let me bask in my kind offer oh great lengthy explainer that you are

HUFF!

* aNILEator storms off in childish fit slamming doors
RE: suggestions for next msgplus? by CookieRevised on 09-17-2004 at 07:07 PM

quote:
He's talking about the allowlist
No, he is not, he is talking about the reverse list. ("contacts who have added you")

quote:
and, unless if you use special programs, you cannot remove people from the allow list, and when you add somebody, that means the other person will either have you on his allow list, or his blocklist...
No it isn't... I can have someone in my contactlist which deleted me. And I don't have to be in his allowlist then, he could've blocked me (but if I'm not, then of course I wont see him online if he checked "allow only people in allowlist....").

And "All your contacts have added you to their list..." means to me "All your contacts have added you to their contactlist" if you don't specify which list and if you talk in general...

But anyways, Master_Cyril isn't talking about the allowlist but about the reverselist. ("In messenger is an option to see contacts who've added you to their list") and in that list there can be contacts which you don't have in your contactlist. (or vice versa: you can have contacts in your contactlist which aren't in the reverselist)

You're mixing the lists up a bit it seems. see http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21...d=200933#pid200933
RE: suggestions for next msgplus? by lhunath on 09-17-2004 at 08:31 PM

quote:
I can have someone in my contactlist which deleted me. And I don't have to be in his allowlist then (but if I'm not, then of course I wont see him online if he checked "allow only people in allowlist....").
Hmm, are you saying that by deleting somebody, you'll remove the person from your allow list?
*has a read but then gives up trying to figure out as his head hurts of heartache*

Sorry if I was wrong. Seems like I was indeed mixing things up a little.
RE: suggestions for next msgplus? by CookieRevised on 09-17-2004 at 08:46 PM

quote:
Hmm, are you saying that by deleting somebody, you'll remove the person from your allow list?
no, not automaticly (unless you block him too)... but you can go to your allowlist (tools>options>privacy) and delete a contact if you rightclick on one... but only when that contact hasn't you in his contactlist.
RE: suggestions for next msgplus? by lopardo on 09-17-2004 at 09:26 PM

lhunath, check Noroom's List Cleaner, there you have an explanation about the lists.
I attached the program because it's small and its original location is down (http://www.msnfanatic.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8458)

RE: suggestions for next msgplus? by CookieRevised on 09-17-2004 at 10:12 PM

the latest version can isn't down and can always be found on:
http://noroom.msnfanatic.com/files/ListCleaner.zip

(But this "latest" version doesn't give you the explaination about the different lists and the approach is also different (more "correct"). Note that in the old version, which lopardo linked to, they speak of the "contactlist". What they mean is actualy not the contactlist, but the "Fakefriendslist". It is labeled wrong in the program)
edit: sorry I confused it with Doggie's listcleaner....

RE: suggestions for next msgplus? by lopardo on 09-17-2004 at 10:18 PM

Sorry, I searched in Google but couldn't find it. Anyways, they are the same version (CRCs are the same).

RE: suggestions for next msgplus? by Master_Cyril on 09-21-2004 at 08:21 AM

I am actually referring to the "View" Button in Tools\Options\Privacy of Messenger. It allows you to view which contact lists you are CURRENTLY on.

RE: suggestions for next msgplus? by CookieRevised on 09-21-2004 at 01:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Master_Cyril
I am actually referring to the "View" Button in Tools\Options\Privacy of Messenger. It allows you to view which contact lists you are CURRENTLY on.
Yup, that's called the ReverseList ;) (see previous posts)