Shoutbox

handwrite plugin question - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: handwrite plugin question (/showthread.php?tid=31615)

handwrite plugin question by Alien1344 on 09-16-2004 at 08:58 PM

Hi

I need some help with the damn handwrite plugin. This is my problem everytime someone talks i cannot draw. The black dot is then but i cannot draw anything. If anyone can help me get rid of this i would be very much greatful.

RE: handwrite plugin question by CookieRevised on 09-16-2004 at 10:01 PM

For proper installation instructions (it seems you didn't installed it properly) see: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22276

For proper uninstall instructions, see the same post, thus: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22276

RE: handwrite plugin question by s7a5 on 09-17-2004 at 12:54 AM

I would also like to know if this projects is dead
its been pretty long time there are no updates for this plug (compatibility with 6.2):(
any info on that??

RE: handwrite plugin question by CookieRevised on 09-17-2004 at 09:16 AM

Handwriting has always worked for version 6.1 and higher, almost all hardcore Messenger users have Handwriting installed... (edit: just an expression to say that many many many people from the Messenger community have it installed ;))

Handwriting works very fine and doesn't need any updates...

See that thread for install instructions...

RE: handwrite plugin question by Jeronimo on 09-17-2004 at 11:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Handwriting has always worked for version 6.1 and higher, almost all hardcore Messenger users have Handwriting installed...
I don't have it installed. Does this mean I am not hardcore? :-/

I found after the initial excitement, it got boring real quick. Its annoying how you can't see the status bar at the bottom of the window unless I make the convo window bigger.

Needless to say, it did work fine and dandy on version 6.2 :P
RE: handwrite plugin question by lopardo on 09-17-2004 at 03:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by distorted
I would also like to know if this projects is dead
its been pretty long time there are no updates for this plug (compatibility with 6.2)
any info on that??

It doesn't need any update, it works fine with the current Messenger version and it just enables that feature. Check the post Cookie mentioned for more information.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo
I don't have it installed. Does this mean I am not hardcore?
He said "almost" :)
RE: handwrite plugin question by Alien1344 on 09-17-2004 at 04:04 PM

No, i know about  http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22276 and have looked at it like 7 times. I have uninstalled reinstalled and tried everything but no matter how many times i uninstall and reinstall it dosent stop the bug. Ill tell you my problem again because i have got it going and everything. My problem is every single time someone talks, i cannot draw no more. Like then ink has stoped coming out. Now if anyone can help me i would be vvvv greatful

Thanks in advance :D

RE: handwrite plugin question by Duanezee on 09-17-2004 at 04:12 PM

Change the colour of the pen from white? Just a hunch, very unlikely though. Best to check everything.

RE: handwrite plugin question by lopardo on 09-17-2004 at 04:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Alien1344
No, i know about  http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22276 and have looked at it like 7 times. I have uninstalled reinstalled and tried everything but no matter how many times i uninstall and reinstall it dosent stop the bug. Ill tell you my problem again because i have got it going and everything. My problem is every single time someone talks, i cannot draw no more. Like then ink has stoped coming out. Now if anyone can help me i would be vvvv greatful

Thanks in advance :D

It happens to me too, I've got to switch to Write and then switch back to Handwrite to draw again... I'm using MSN Messenger 6.2.0137 and Plus 3.01.94.
RE: handwrite plugin question by Alien1344 on 09-17-2004 at 04:47 PM

i know i do that to but is there a way to actually get rid of it?

RE: handwrite plugin question by lopardo on 09-17-2004 at 04:50 PM

Not that I know... But let's see if anyone else is having this problem.
What Windows, Messenger and Plus version are you using?

RE: handwrite plugin question by Alien1344 on 09-17-2004 at 04:53 PM

6.2 msn and 3.01 Messenger Plus

RE: handwrite plugin question by TGG on 09-18-2004 at 07:13 PM

This happened to me before, but it stopped
it does this if the person you are talking to doesnt have the right version of msn or windows messenger, but normally it would say if they couldn't recieve it :undecided:

RE: handwrite plugin question by benjyrama on 09-18-2004 at 07:18 PM

What os are you using??

RE: handwrite plugin question by Alien1344 on 09-19-2004 at 12:14 PM

Windows XP

RE: RE: handwrite plugin question by xsRush on 09-19-2004 at 02:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Alien1344
My problem is every single time someone talks, i cannot draw no more. Like then ink has stoped coming out.

It does the same thing for me also.
I don't mind though, because i don't use handwriting very much anyway.

I just click on Type then back to Handwrite like you do.