Shoutbox

A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) (/showthread.php?tid=31620)

A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by Moo on 09-17-2004 at 12:05 AM

I am wondering if you are blocked and you open a convo with the one you suspect of blocking you, can you see his display pic? If so... I have just thought of a way to check for blocks!!!

RE: Block checking by ddunk on 09-17-2004 at 12:11 AM

You can't open a convo with the person if they've blocked you. They appear offline and therefore, you can't see if they have a DP or not.

Also, if you were to do the /msg xxxx@xxxx.com you wouldn't see their status or DP. Nice try though :)

RE: Block checking by Moo on 09-17-2004 at 12:14 AM

you can open a convo!!! Click on send an instant message...!

--or--

Actions -> Send an Instant Message...
RE: Block checking by ddunk on 09-17-2004 at 12:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Guillaume
you can open a convo!!! Click on send an instant message...!
--or--

Actions -> Send an Instant Message...

Same as the /msg command, yet I had a friend block me and I did it, and still saw his DP... might work, but obviously if they don't have  DP it won't work.
RE: Block checking by Moo on 09-17-2004 at 12:18 AM

thats the only drawback...

RE: Block checking by :No-Frost: on 09-17-2004 at 12:22 AM

Just the other day i was in a convo and mi ex girlfriend was on it (I had her blocked because it's to annoying) so when I talk she saw the things that I was writen and I saw what she was writen...

But the DP doesnt shows up...

RE: Block checking by Moo on 09-17-2004 at 12:25 AM

One can only imagine :p

EDIT: tried it with Pr0xy... didnt work... :'(

RE: Block checking by Pr0xY on 09-17-2004 at 12:31 AM

It didn't work for me.  But I think what does work is to:
*have StuffPlug-NG Installed...
*have the option enalbed that lets you know when someone opens a conversation with you. 
*Set your nick name to something else...
*find the person you suspect is blocking you...
*block and unblock them about 3 times
*and the average person will click them to see who is signing on.  Since you changed your nick, they wont know its you untill they open the conversation window and see your email, and by that time you already have a pop up from stuffplug-ng telling you they opened up a conversation window. 

Well there it is, test my idea out and see if it works for you too. 

RE: Block checking by Moo on 09-17-2004 at 12:35 AM

That's crazy! So crazy it just might work!

EDIT: IT WORKED!!!!!!!!:o)

RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by Pr0xY on 09-17-2004 at 12:54 AM

quote:
That's crazy! So crazy it just might work!

EDIT: IT WORKED!!!!!!!!:o)
Well I'm glad to hear it works so far, but it would be nice to see if it works for other people too.  And to make sure it works with Windows messenger and Msn messenger.
RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by marissa on 09-17-2004 at 12:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy
*and the average person will click them to see who is signing on.  Since you changed your nick, they wont know its you untill they open the conversation window and see your email, and by that time you already have a pop up from stuffplug-ng telling you they opened up a conversation window. 

they dont see the toast pop-up :undecided:
RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by Moo on 09-17-2004 at 01:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
What do you mean???

RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by Chrono on 09-17-2004 at 01:06 AM

it doesnt work. i tested with many people.
it seems that when u block someone, u dont receive pop ups telling u when he signs in...

RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by Pr0xY on 09-17-2004 at 01:06 AM

quote:
quote:

display alerts when contacts come online" in personal settings, general? might not be checked. 

I have mine checked too, and yet sometimes when blocked people sign on, a pop up doesn't come up telling me.  Is this a bug in messenger?  because I used to get toast pop ups when a blocked user signed online.
RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by Moo on 09-17-2004 at 01:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
it doesnt work. i tested with many people.
it seems that when u block someone, u dont receive pop ups telling u when he signs in...
i did! pr0xy blocked me... i blocked him and unbloked him he clicked on my name and i saw a popup that said he opened a convo!
RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by Chrono on 09-17-2004 at 01:12 AM

quote:
because I used to get toast pop ups when a blocked user signed online.
same here, but i remember that i did something to prevent it to notify me... i think :undecided:
but i cant find an option in the preferences...
RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by Moo on 09-17-2004 at 01:14 AM

Are you using the Stuff Plug or the Stuff Plug NG??

RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by marissa on 09-17-2004 at 01:14 AM

quote:
21 says:
what pop up dont they see
marissa says:
i mean, when my friend has me blocked, and i sign in and out they dont see that
you cant roll with Seven untill you hit 21 says:
do they have the pop up when signing on disabled
like there is an option
marissa says:
"display alerts when contacts come online" in personal settings, general? thats checked
I have mine checked too, and yet sometimes when blocked people sign on, a pop up doesn't come up telling me
marissa says:
yeha, exactly what i was saying
yeah
well then
quote:

we cleared my problem up on msn, proxy...

it never has worked for me:S and someone posted a thread on here a while back about how they wanted that to be a feature...so its not just me:S and im using msn messenger...the onyl way you can see when a contact signs on when they're blocked if they're using windows messenger...for me at least.

RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by Chrono on 09-17-2004 at 01:15 AM

stuff plug ng :dodgy:

RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by Moo on 09-17-2004 at 01:16 AM

Thats weird!

RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by Pr0xY on 09-17-2004 at 01:21 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
Thats weird!
I dont think that would really matter.  Isn't the option of "show when someone opens a conversation window with you" on both versions?
RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by Moo on 09-17-2004 at 01:23 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Thats weird!
I dont think that would really matter.  Isn't the option of "show when someone opens a conversation window with you" on both versions?
I have no idea.... (i never used the stuffplug... just the stuffplug NG)
RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by marissa on 09-17-2004 at 01:25 AM

i dont have "show when contact opens conversation window" on stuffplug :S

if you guys have all these options, mine and chronos msns fucked...because ours doesnt show when a blocked contact signs in :S

RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by Chrono on 09-17-2004 at 01:28 AM

the conclusion is: it works sometimes, randomly depending on the user, hence it isnt a reliable method... too bad :( it was a nice idea.

RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by Pr0xY on 09-17-2004 at 01:29 AM

quote:
i dont have "show when contact opens conversation window" on stuffplug :S

if you guys have all these options, mine and chronos msns fucked...because ours doesnt show when a blocked contact signs in :S
The actual option is called "Window Open Notifier". 

RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by Chrono on 09-17-2004 at 01:36 AM

she is talking about stuff plug, are u too pr0xy? :undecdided:

RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by Moo on 09-17-2004 at 01:37 AM

quote:
the conclusion is: it works sometimes, randomly depending on the user, hence it isnt a reliable method... too bad :( it was a nice idea.
... :'( I thought we were on to something...
RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by Pr0xY on 09-17-2004 at 01:40 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
I have it

[img]attachment[/img]
did you have the option enabled when you were testing out my idea before?
yes i did
what are you talking about, I asked marissa that.  why does it say quote Guilluame?  I quoted marissa

wait, what happened to marissa's post with the screen shot? 
RE: A working block checking idea (by pr0xy, later in the thread) by Chrono on 09-17-2004 at 01:45 AM

ill better cose this thread, im feeling dizzy +o(
and we got a conclusion anyway