Shoutbox

Question about changing my display name .. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Question about changing my display name .. (/showthread.php?tid=31621)

Question about changing my display name .. by DVD-R on 09-17-2004 at 12:36 AM

I have a Question about Changing my display name in MSN Messenger to Other names that i want automatically . E.g. if my display name is currently for example [ A ]  , after 5 minutes , I want that name to be changed to  other name (that i choose ) which is [B] for example. And after other 5 minutes i want to make that name to be also other name [C] and so on .

I want to know how to do that automatically , i mean that i don't have to change the display name manually .

Briefly, How can i change my display name to other names every a period of time .

I hope that my question is clear..

RE: Question about changing my display name .. by Weyzza on 09-17-2004 at 03:26 AM

Cannot be done yet.

You might want to see this thread: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=25323&page=1

RE: Question about changing my display name .. by BEWARE^^ on 09-17-2004 at 05:32 AM

well after 5 mins is quiet a short time between the name change but like the kid said "it cannot be done yet'' and i think its getting annoying too every 5 mins so i'll say ''NO''

RE: Question about changing my display name .. by banky on 09-17-2004 at 05:38 AM

you could try doing what i did make a quick txt.

say u want five diffrent names make 5 difrent quick txt name them
r1 r2 r3 r4 r5

then make a q.txt named /qname and in the q.txt make the q.txt

/nick (insertname)

#5#(!R1)
#5#(!R2)
#5#(!R3)
#5#(!R4)
#5#(!R5)
ETC

then open a convo and type /qname and then it will work as long as you keep the convo open that u put /qname but when it gets to the end it wont start over :'( srry

RE: Question about changing my display name .. by Plik on 09-17-2004 at 02:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The Don
but when it gets to the end it wont start over
It would if you put /qname at the end of the quick text wouldnt it :P
RE: Question about changing my display name .. by banky on 09-17-2004 at 10:38 PM

nope i tried it if u put /qname at tha end it shows up at the end

[name]-end
/qname

RE: Question about changing my display name .. by Plik on 09-17-2004 at 10:59 PM

It works for me. But on the second time it runs the command it misses out the second name change :dodgy:
For example i had this quick text to change my chatonly name (not my proper name because that would annoy people, and theres a time limit to how quick you can change it).

code:
/xchatname Madman66 - 1
#2#/xchatname Madman66 - 2
#2#/xchatname Madman66 - 3
#2#/xchatname Madman66 - 4
#2#/test
And it would run like this:
Madman66 - 1
Madman66 - 2
Madman66 - 3
Madman66 - 4
Madman66 - 1
Madman66 - 3
Madman66 - 4
Madman66 - 1
Madman66 - 3 etc
RE: Question about changing my display name .. by banky on 09-20-2004 at 04:01 AM

i tired that it was about to start again and stuff plug had a c2w error or soemthing and it displayed the code