Shoutbox

What type Webcam - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: What type Webcam (/showthread.php?tid=31629)

What type Webcam by hodunwun on 09-17-2004 at 06:26 AM

Can I use a firewire webcam with Windows Messenger??  OS is xp pro.
Thanks for your attention. 
Doug

RE: What type Webcam by .Roy on 09-17-2004 at 05:54 PM

firewire.. why does it matter.. aslong as your computer reads that you have a webcam pluged in it doesnt matter..

RE: What type Webcam by hodunwun on 09-17-2004 at 06:27 PM

Thanks Danger for the reply.  It does matter with some real time communication programs like Pal Talk.  A firewire  connected camera will not work with Pal Talk.  Does some one else know if Windows Messenger with XP support a firewire connected Webcam? Not usb.   Thanks,
Doug

RE: What type Webcam by .Roy on 09-17-2004 at 09:12 PM

hmm did u dry to use that webcam with other programs... maybe your computer just doesnt detect it... maybe try to buy a firewire to a usb adapter.. lol

RE: What type Webcam by hodunwun on 09-17-2004 at 10:01 PM

Actually I haven't bought  a web cam yet.  I would prefer to use a firewire hook up cause the word is that a firewire cam is better than even usb 2.0. I also have firewire cards in both my main and back up comuter.  So.........     I use Windows Messenger quite often so I was wondering it WM supports a firewire webcam.  I tried finding this out at the Windows Help site but didn't find a thing after looking for an hour.  Someone must have and answer I would think.   Thanks for your attention.
Doug

RE: What type Webcam by .Roy on 09-17-2004 at 11:06 PM

hmm... ask your friends.. the people who told u that it works better... i dont think there will be a problem.. It doesnt matter how you connect it to the computer. Its that you connect it.. If you live in USA u can always return it :-D
Take your chances what do you got to lose??