Shoutbox

Typing message - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Typing message (/showthread.php?tid=31690)

Typing message by The_IRS on 09-18-2004 at 11:51 PM

I was wondering, like you know if you chat in a window with a friend, lets say his display name is "Today was fun" and in a chat window at the bottom, you would see the sentance, "Today was fun is writing a message" if he is typing something. now my display name is "Today is not so fun" Therefore if i type something, in my friend's chat window, he would see "Today is not fun is writing a message" at the bottom.  Now my question is, is it possible to display something else like "Today is very very fun is writing a message" in my friend's point of view, without accually changing my display name from "today is not fun" to w/e?

RE: Typing message by TGG on 09-19-2004 at 09:44 AM

i'm pretty sure that isn't possible

RE: Typing message by Anubis on 09-19-2004 at 10:00 AM

A way is with a moded client that both users would have to use...the alternate typing name could be sent over to the other client via a direct connection...Who's going to make another client just to do this, I doubt many...
Another way is somehow hooking into Messenger and changing it at the last minute from info that was sent somehow earlier...probably a text message that the other computer recognises...
I doubt this will be made as there isn't really a demand for a feature that really has no use, or purpose...

RE: Typing message by Millenium_edition on 09-19-2004 at 02:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
A way is with a moded client that both users would have to use...the alternate typing name could be sent over to the other client via a direct connection...Who's going to make another client just to do this, I doubt many...
Another way is somehow hooking into Messenger and changing it at the last minute from info that was sent somehow earlier...probably a text message that the other computer recognises...
I doubt this will be made as there isn't really a demand for a feature that really has no use, or purpose...
tell me if there's something correct in in that post. or no wait, that 100% nonsence.

there is a way, since an application called "tweaker" did that. it's done by modifying those "typing-user" MSG's. but that would be pretty useless as standalone add-on.
RE: Typing message by Tarry on 09-19-2004 at 03:36 PM

Perhaps with a proxy server like MSN Proxy it could be possible, as it can disable the "user-is-typing" messages, but I don't know if it's possible at the moment.

RE: Typing message by saralk on 09-19-2004 at 04:41 PM

maybe you could use Stuffplug-NG and it's 'chat only' names.

Or maybe someone could take inspiration from that plugin, and make "specific chat only name" where you could have specific chat only names for certain people