Shoutbox

IP Address And Screen Name Assocciation - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: IP Address And Screen Name Assocciation (/showthread.php?tid=31714)

IP Address And Screen Name Assocciation by MarkSchmidty on 09-19-2004 at 02:47 PM

Hey anybody know of a plug-in, or wants to write a plugin that will allow a user to associate a Screen Name to an IP Address (or IP Address Block)?

My current situation:
I always change my Screen Name based on where I am at. If im at my office I change it to "Mark Schmidt @ BizStream", when at home I change it to "Mark Schmidt @ Home", when at a Clients I change it to "Mark Schmidt @ [client_name]". I do this so everyone knows where I am at. However sometimes I forget to change it and this defeats the purpose of displaying where I am at if it is wrong.

It would be nice if I could set up a list of IPs, and Screen Names so it automatically changes. There should also be an option to activate/inactivate the feature.

Anyone know of anything? Or have any other ideas to add to this?

Thanks,
   - Mark

RE: IP Address And Screen Name Assocciation by Mnjul on 09-19-2004 at 03:04 PM

Perhaps this Plus! registry key will do the purpose:

( http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php )

Key: HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\your@email.com\Preferences -> NameOnSignin (String)

Description:
If not empty, Messenger Plus! will use this value to change your name to a default one every time you sign-in on a specific computer.

You just insert this key with proper value to every computer you use to sign in .Net Messenger service with :)

RE: IP Address And Screen Name Assocciation by MarkSchmidty on 09-19-2004 at 03:58 PM

Thanks Mnjul,

I'll write a script right now. That rocks.

RE: IP Address And Screen Name Assocciation by Choli on 09-19-2004 at 05:05 PM

You don't need to write any script ;) You can use Plus! Tweak! (link in my sig :))