Shoutbox

2 ideas/suggestions - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: 2 ideas/suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=31720)

2 ideas/suggestions by freds45 on 09-19-2004 at 05:33 PM

Hi:)
I have 2 suggestions Patchou could put inside new plus! version :

* a way to remove auto creation of links when someone send me message like "go to www.blabla.com". Messenger automatically creates hyperlink for blabla.com, and it's not even possible to copy/paste it :o

* It would be great if [g]Stuffplug[/g] extra events (someone closed window, or someone opened window with you) could be logged into Events Window :)

What do you think ?

RE: 2 ideas/suggestions by Anubis on 09-19-2004 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by freds45
a way to remove auto creation of links when someone send me message like "go to www.blabla.com". Messenger automatically creates hyperlink for blabla.com, and it's not even possible to copy/paste it :o

Purpose being? I mean when would you need a non useable hyperlink...if you were pasting a HTML code with a URL...and yes you can copy and paste URLs that someone has sent...
quote:

It would be great if [g]Stuffplug[/g] extra events (someone closed window, or someone opened window with you) could be logged into Events Window
I'm sure this has been said many times...I think it may happen in a future version...
RE: 2 ideas/suggestions by Choli on 09-19-2004 at 05:47 PM

quote:
I have 2 suggestions Patchou could put inside new plus! version :
too late for this version but maybe for the next one :P
quote:
a way to remove auto creation of links when someone send me message like "go to www.blabla.com". Messenger automatically creates hyperlink for blabla.com, and it's not even possible to copy/paste it
It's a bit difficult to copy them , true, but it is possible. Just select the link carefully, and don't unpress the button of the mouse until the cursor isn't over the link. Then do Ctrl + C. If in the mesage there is more text, apart from the url, selecting some of that text with the url helps too.
quote:
It would be great if [g]Stuffplug[/g] extra events (someone closed window, or someone opened window with you) could be logged into Events Window
That's a good idea, but that is a suggestion for SP, not Plus. However I think that may be a bit complex to implement that.
RE: 2 ideas/suggestions by saralk on 09-19-2004 at 06:09 PM

Maybe there could be a function for plugins to add something to the log.

RE: 2 ideas/suggestions by freds45 on 09-19-2004 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk

Maybe there could be a function for plugins to add something to the log.
Yes, I thought about that when I read the new Plus! version infos ;)
RE: 2 ideas/suggestions by CookieRevised on 09-19-2004 at 07:57 PM

OpenConvo has a log function. It will log your openend/closed convo's very nicely. Though not in the eventslog, but in a seperate logfile... It is a plugin specially dedicated to detect openend/closed chats and thus has a bit more feature for it then StuffPlug-ng has...